PSP9...

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
Link021463
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

PSP9...

Post by Link021463 »

I have PSP9 and I had read somewhere that any JPEG can be installed and used as a texture... yet, when I try to import some JPEG Textures, it always says it isn't a recognized format?

How do I do this?

ArticWolf
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by ArticWolf »

Sounds like when u first opened up PSP, you didn't allow it to open every file possible...also it sounds that you did not make PSP your jpeg default program. Do you have another program which u inserted into ur pc After you put in PSP...as an example...PhotoShop?

That can be ur problem....And Yes to ur statement that any and all jpegs,pngs,can be used as textures, which u can introduce to ur pattern section.

.............................................ArticWolfImage

Link021463
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Link021463 »

I will try all suggestions... thsnk you both.

PSP9 is my default program... I do have a program called AcDsee, but that is only an image viewer for the most part... It is what opens up images I am sent in my email for example.

ArticWolf
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by ArticWolf »

http://rapidshare.com/files/24208350/Dills_plugin.rar

here are the dlls required...u can d/load them from my account.

If you follow my steps you will see the plugins in "Effects" up in PSP..click on that and they should appear at the bottom .

you can PM me if u need to.

............................................ArticWolfImage

I left you a writen tut i made for you in another of your posts...please read and follow.......ADSEE...is ONLY an Image viewer..it does nothing else for you..but if you want to put in brushes do the same as you would for plugins.

Link021463
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Link021463 »

Thank you. When I have a moment, I will check it out.

ArticWolf
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by ArticWolf »

If u need my help contact me here.... articwolfx@gmail.com ...at the momant i'm making tags..........cya........WolfieImage

Link021463
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Link021463 »

I use PSP alot retouching images, doing effects, etc... I taught myself what I know, so I may not know all the technical talk... one day, I hope to take classes, and be able to affford to also have PhotShop CS... The trial PhotoShop I tried had a some areas that it was better than PaintShopPro, but also PSP had some better than PhotoShop... For esizing for example, PhotoShop is better in enlarging... Right now, I use a different resizing program...

Jackie B
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

A silly Question

Post by Jackie B »

Sorry if this question is seemingly too basic I am trying to understand what is happening correctly before giving an answer!

If you click the file...I am presuming it is trying to open in PSP? And then PSP is saying unrecognized is that the case?

Or are you going to File Import?

Just an option to try: Go to the folder where the .jpg is you wish to open in PSP and Right click the file: OPEN WITH: Choose PSP: See if that helps!

Jackie

ArticWolf
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by ArticWolf »

Jackie B's answer is correct...try that before you do anything...right click on the pic..."open with PSP"!...that should bring it into ur psp screen,,,from there u can "save as is" to whatever folder you want.

As for PS...pm me!...........no questions asked!

Link021463
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Link021463 »

Sorry Wolie... the board won't allow me to PM you...

I am trying to import the plguins and whatnot...

Images open fine...

ArticWolf
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by ArticWolf »

Well i'm glad for you then...enjoy psp...still haven't figured out what that feature is or where it is...hahaaa oh well i'll find it eventually.

...............................cya....Image

Link021463
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Link021463 »

Wolfie-

I sent you an email to the addy you gave me... in it is a screenshot of the PSP screen... I circled and arrowed the dropdown menu where you will find things like Vignette...

As I had written [I think in th other thread] I am self-taught in PSP... I hope one day to take classes for PSP and PhotoShop and have PS Cs... What I know how to do, plus what they'd teach me... and even the faster way to do the things I do... That would be awesome...

Link021463
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Link021463 »

By the way... I've been using PSP in it's various formats for several years... Started with PSP6, I believe it was, and even before that, Adobe PhotDeluxe... Now, there was a decent program... for some effects... There was one effect called "Cloud". It was awesome.

Jackie B
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Please!

Post by Jackie B »

:lol: send me the screenshot too...I have used psp since 5...but I can't find this effect either! Within installed plug-ins yes... but as an effect pre-installed in the program..no I can't find it I searched high and low both in 9 and X :cry: !!
This is what I love about PSP ...you never know what you might find!
Jackie

Link021463
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Link021463 »

Jackie, email addy?

Jackie B
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Jackie B »

Ok you can send here luketoo@otenet.gr thanks!

Link021463
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Link021463 »

I sent you the screenshot

Jackie B
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Gotcha

Post by Jackie B »

Ahh I see what you mean now...this is under "scripts" not effects!
I took literally what you meant when you said Effects and searched under the "Effects tab" Thanks for that...mystery solved!
:lol:
Jackie

Link021463
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Link021463 »

I apologize for the wild goose chase, my friend... as I may said already, I taught myself what I know by trial and error... I am not up on the fancy lingo... the professional terms... I did know "scripts", but was referring to the "effects" available there... Sorry for the confusion...

Jackie B
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Jackie B »

Absolutely no need to apologize.. sincerely I meant what I said, this program you learn something new every day!
And I may have seen that facility there but I certainly don't remember it!
We all use our own different terms and that's just fine!
I don't really hold with the Pro thing...I think we are all learning!

Thanks again!
Jackie