PSP9 again...

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
Link021463
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

PSP9 again...

Post by Link021463 »

I downloaded a few things from the plugin site and now in PSP9, my brush appears as one size no matter what size or hardness I adjust it to. It used to indicate the edges of the brush, or eraser tool or what ever other tool I am using. How can I correct this? Being able to see where the edge of the tool is comes in handy when erasing or painting to the edge of an image.

Link021463
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Link021463 »

I got it figured out.... but... hehehe... I went to edit the post to reflect my good fortune, and it told me that I can only edit my own posts... which this was...

Thank you anywho!

I am however looking for tutorials and good valid plugins that work... I went to Filter Factory and downloaded filters and found they didn't work, so I tried the plugin.dll deal and wasn't even able to do anything with that, either... Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

ArticWolf
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by ArticWolf »

HI!

Please tell me how and where you are putting these plugins...in PSP9..that will help for a starter. (because you maybe putting them into the wrong place)

Next how many DLLs have you inserted into ur PC..windows 32?....for there are 4 not 3.

This is what I do with every plug in that i have. Each one goes into a Folder which is named ..Plugins! Inside this folder are "subfolders" each with the name of the plugins i have collected. First off i open up PSP..go to ..Files..preference..which opens up a side bar ..scroll to plugins..another box opens up with a browse button in it. If you click this button it will allow u to search for your "plug in folder", where you have your plugin in a subfolder. Click on the name of your plugin, this will set the pass for PSP to accept it. Still in this box , you will notice tiny boxes ..think there r 2 together and one separtate, make Sure all have a tick mark to them...now click on the OK button! Now the MOST part to this and to anything u put into PSP....Close PSP down completely, this will activate what you have done! ALL Finished...if you followed correctly...it will work.Reason for making a outside folder and Not directly inserting into PSP is that if you do and add to many it will slow PSP up

............................................ArticWolfImage

Link021463
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Link021463 »

Thank you. I will try your suggestion. As for the questions you asked, I'm not sure as far as DLL's and such... How do I find out?

Link021463
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Link021463 »

When using the Vignette feature, I can only get a white Vignette around the image... and only in a squared shape... I've tried changing the colour in the pallettes, but no luck. Is there a way to change the Vignette colour or shape [such as circle or oval]?

ArticWolf
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by ArticWolf »

I'm sorry but what r u talking about...."Vignette feature"..hahaa this is a new one on me...maybe if you tell me where it is in psp...it would help me to understand.

GO Look in the other of your post...u will find the dlls and what i said.

Link021463
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by Link021463 »

I guess it might depend on how you have your top toolbars arranged and what you have showing... Mine is top dead centre of the tools at the top of the screen. It is located in a drop down that has a lot of options in it. A Vignette is an option where you can "shade" the edges of an image, and fade it from solid colour to on th outside edge into the actual image.. kind oflike if you were using your brush set a large size and at 0 on the hardness, and painted around the edge of the image...

ArticWolf
Plugin Expert
Plugin Expert

Post by ArticWolf »

How about you show me with a screen shot of it OK.

Simply cause i never heard of it before.