a simple text filter plugin for edges

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
trodas
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

a simple text filter plugin for edges

Post by trodas »

Hi guys.
I wasted hour and something by finding and trying some plugins and I still haven't figure out how to make SIMPLE edges like these:

(less brutal, I hope :oops: But I like the brutal one better, lol)

...on text. Maybe I'm just plain blind and there is a way to do it in Photoshop itself? I don't know and Im tired.

Anyone can enlighten me, please?

Win user, PS 6.01 :oops:
Last edited by trodas on Tue May 08, 2007 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
...just keep folding, just keep folding... :) my config

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I prefered if you would have used a less brutal example image. So I removed it.

Anway, back to you question. You can create such text outlines by using the layer effects or layer style feature of Photoshop.

trodas
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by trodas »

Fine, what about this image then? :-?

And yout layers effects - well, this is kind of hassle, so, that is why I looked for plugin who could do this easy for me :wink:

But I'm still unsure - you mean type text, then select into the layers it's transparency (Select Layer Transparency) and then Select/Modify/Expand the border, say by 4 pixels, and then what?
Fill it not a possibilty unless you flatten the image and when you do, then you got only the shadow now.
So you have to type your text again and place it into the right spot, over the already done shadow, is that it?
Or you got faster way?

Again - I did not belaive these people on 4chan.org do it that way and if you visit this imageboard, then be prepared for shock, as much intense images that the one you feel inapropriate are displayed there...
Last edited by trodas on Tue May 08, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire

trodas
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by trodas »

Guys, I can't believe this is not a plugin for the outlined text :-?

Really everyone type the text, then go do the Load Selection and choose "text they type" Transparency option as New Selection and then go to Select / Modify / Border and Expand it by say 6 pixels? To now have rasterize the layer, fill the selection with color that belong to the border of choice and then type again the text and place it over the border, into middle of it, so it appears as outline? :o

Neverless this result still not looking very good anyways :-?

PS. much better solution is type the text and then use the Layers palete and set the style Stroke - outside, color and so... But then again it require typing the text in original color and placing it over the "stroked" one... A bit too much work, especially when one have then to join the visible layers to get the text movable with the "stroke" to see where it best fit on the image... :roll:

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You should be able to create such outlined text with the layer effects of your Photoshiop 6.01 application. Just type some text and then double click the text layer in the layer palette to display a dialog with effects. I am quite sure you can make outlined text with one of these effects.

If this info is not enough, please consult your Photoshop help files or manual about layer effects.

Lesam
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Outlined text

Post by Lesam »

G'day Trodas,
I have written a small instruction on one way to do what you want, simple procedure.
It is in eml format, download from
http://www.4shared.com/dir/2798735/2bf0 ... _Text.html
Lesam
The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask