Installation Help

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
patmart
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Installation Help

Post by patmart »

NEED HELP
When installing Plugin Galaxy 2, I keep getting the following message:

Sorry, Plugin Installer cannot find any plugin compatible
applications on your computer. Please copy the installed
.8bf file manually to your graphics applications plugin folder

I would appreciate any advice as how to proceed with the installation. I have placed the mscvrt10.dll in my Windows/System folder and my plugin.dll files in my PhotoImpact folder. I am using a PI 11 program.

Pat Martinelli
Pat

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You can either manually copy the .8bf file from the installation location to your plugin folder or run the installation again and choose the plugin folder of your application during installation. Or you can enter PhotoImpact and enter the installation path in Preferences.

Sorry, seems I need to update Plugin Installer for PhotoImpact 11. It currently only supports PhotoImpact up to Version 10.

patmart
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

One More Question

Post by patmart »

Thanks for your quick reply – and on a weekend! I think I have the issue figured out but have one last question. When I open Effects/the Plugin Site in PI 11, I get three options listed entitled “Plugin Galaxy 2.0. They all appear to be the same and each has 400 items. Questions: 1) am I missing something; 2) should I delete two of the three options; or 3) just leave it alone. Appreciate the help!!

Incidentally, I think the plugin’s are great.
Pat

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sounds like PI has found three copies of the same file. You can only remove the other two options by finding the duplicates and removing them. But maybe PI only finds the same file three times, e.g. if it has the same plugin folder entered three times in Preferences.

By the way, I now updated the Plugin Installer to support PI 11. You just need to download Plugin Galaxy 2 again to get the updated installation.