Anyone know or can List Plug ins -CS3 INCOMPATIBLE please!

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
AmandaR
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Anyone know or can List Plug ins -CS3 INCOMPATIBLE please!

Postby AmandaR » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:09 pm

I have a problem with a flickering cursor and very slow to respond in my recent upgrade to CS3. CS2 works perfectly but CS3 is troublesome. I have contacted Adobe and got very little in the way of help :evil: so I thought I'd put it out there.

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF PLUG INS WHICH ARENT' YET COMPATIBLE WITH PHOTOSHOP CS 3?

Perhaps this is my problem and if any known plug ins are part of my list then I can disable them till there is an update. ...thanx in advance.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:47 am

You could try moving all third party plugins (not the Adobe ones) out of the Plugins folder and see if Photoshop CS3 works now.

You should also make sure that some Adobe plugins from CS2 are using CS3. This can cause problems. This can easily happen if you installed Photoshop CS3 in the same folder as the old CS2 installation or if you have set the plugin path in the CS3 Preferences to the old CS2 plugins folder.

But I think the problems has more to do with Photoshop itself than plugins.

teedee
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Postby teedee » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:28 pm

I'm having the same problem with a madly flickering cursor. It's making Photoshop unusable. I've cleared all the plug-ins and uninstalled and reinstalled but am still having the same trouble. Any help would be appreciated.

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby plugsnpixels » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:25 pm

The PS CS3 beta had problems with a flickering/disappearing cursor; I haven't tried the final version yet so I don't know if it's an Adobe thing or a plug-ins thing.

As for CS3-compatible plug-ins, I've begun putting a "CS3 ready" button on the relevant plug-in pages on my site (scroll down on this page for an example).
Free digital imaging ezine (and discounted plug-ins!)
www.plugsandpixels.com

terz
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

CS3 mouse flicker

Postby terz » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:37 pm

I also had the same problem. I cleared mine by removing ALL TRACES of CS2. and cleaning the registry I have used Flaming Pear plugins in CS3 without problems.
Still trying

Babysittah
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Postby Babysittah » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:19 am

Thats just what I needed 2 know, thanx:)!
http://www.newbabyassistant.com - newborn care monitoring and documenting service. Nurition, bathing, exercises, outdoor activities, physiological parameters.

Sixfive
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Flickering cursor problem

Postby Sixfive » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:57 am

I had the same problem where the cursor would flicker while using Photoshop CS3. By accident I deleted one of my latest brushes and it went away! I reinstalled the brush and it came back. Tried this on another computer with a fresh install of CS3 and it did it there too. The brush was called "Worn_HighRes003.abr" A fantastic brush, but it clearly made my cursor wig out and become unusable.

Try unloading one brush at a time (start with your recent additions) and see reload PS each time to see which one did the trick. I know it worked for me.

Return to “Photoshop”