Anyone know of a filter that does this?

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
shutupandwhisper
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Anyone know of a filter that does this?

Post by shutupandwhisper »

I've recently been looking for a plugin that removes black from photos, but takes the black component out of any image and replaces it with transparency.. ive found a similar filter here
http://www.wisnaes.com/2007/10/14/how-t ... te-plugin/
it does the same thing but removes white. does anyone know of a filter that can do the same thing using black instead of white? thanks a heap :D

Markus3d
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Markus3d »

I made some google search and found this:

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:gR ... =firefox-a

Would that be the solution? I haven't examined so closely, if similar filter could be found from here too. (?) :)

Best regards,

Markus

shutupandwhisper
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by shutupandwhisper »

yup i tried that out while i was looking for something too.. if you adjust the settings, it can do the right thing kinda, but the picture still loses alot of detail. although ive created an action using the remove white filter, it inverts the layer you're working on, removes the white, and inverts it back again ;) works a charm! thanks alot for the help though :)

Markus3d
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Markus3d »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You're right, how in the world I didn't find that solution just now, it is really simple and I have used it myself many times in different cases. Taking first a negative of the image, then doing effect and negativing back... That gave me good laughs, again I thought too tricky... :D

Cheers,

Markus