problem installing phototools version 2???

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
duallydave
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

problem installing phototools version 2???

Post by duallydave »

hi guys,i love this site,ive learned lots of exc info on here,i have ps cs3 and im curently using onone phototools version1,i recently got version 2 and went to install it,it gives me an error saying that "cant locate ps cs3 try installing cs3 again then install the onone again' when i installed version 1 everything went fine and it works well.i have cs3 installed on my c drive so it should work,any tips or thoughts?thanx in advance
dave

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by plugsnpixels »

Hi Dave, you seem to be using Windows, so this info from onOne's Support page is for you (http://www.ononesoftware.com/support/kb ... ntryID=135):

"The installer says it cannot locate Photoshop CS 2 or CS 3 even though I can use CS 2 or CS 3 just fine.

"The installer looks at the Adobe registry key to locate where Photoshop is at on the system. We would want to take a look at what your registry looks like. Make sure no applications are running. Go to the Start menu, select Run, type in Regedit and then press Return. When the Registry Editor Window comes up expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then expand Software, and then expand Adobe.

"You should have a Photoshop folder. If present, expand that and there will be a 9.0 folder for CS 2 or a 10.0 folder for CS 3. What can happen is if there are other version numbers showing up that are no longer installed on the PC this can cause our installer to fail. So if you are using CS 2 or CS 3, but an old version number shows up as well, like 6.0 you should be able to delete that old registry key, especially if in this example Photoshop 6.0 is no longer present. Once the old version registry key is gone, exit the Registry editor and try running the onOne installer again."
Free digital imaging ezine (and discounted plug-ins!)
www.plugsandpixels.com

duallydave
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by duallydave »

thanx so much for the quick reply,i tried what they said and i still have no luck.i deleted the reg key and then tried putting it back and renaming it,no luck.any other sugestions?thanx

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by plugsnpixels »

Try checking through the other info on their Support page.
Free digital imaging ezine (and discounted plug-ins!)
www.plugsandpixels.com