Need help plugins not working

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
Ladybugg
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Need help plugins not working

Post by Ladybugg »

I have windows XP and I just got paint shop Pro 9.
I have installed all the paint shop pro 9 updates, and the dll files and have them into the right place. (windows/ system32 folder).

I can't get my plugins to work. It shows them there listed, and the name of the plugin, but the names of the plugins I want to use is grayed out. Can't click on them to use. What do I need to do to fix this problem?

Thanx

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

If a filter is greyed out, it always means that it does not support the color mode of the currently selected image. Most plugins only work with 8bit RGB images, so please convert your image to that mode in PSP before you try to apply the plugin.

Ladybugg
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Ladybugg »

How do I go about doing that?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Luckily I have PSP9 installed here. You need to select Image > Increase Color Depth > 16 Million Colors (24 bit) from the menu in PSP. After that the filters should not be greyed out anymore.

mayflower1965
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

greyed out plugins

Post by mayflower1965 »

could be that you might not have the 4dll's in your system 32 folder. Without them being in the correct directory (system 32) chances are you will not be able to use your plugins.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You only need two DLLs. But that is not the problem here. Even without plugin.dll and msvcrt10.dll the plugins are not greyed out.

Jen0608
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Jen0608 »

What I did is that I degrade my version of Paint Shop Pro to fit in my XP platform and lucky I am it worked.