VM natural ?

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
mrswolf
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

VM natural ?

Post by mrswolf »

Hello i am new to this site but happy i found it. I want to Install VM Natural for my new psp x2 on my vista and it is not insalling right what am i doing rong? can anyone help me it would be great. TYIA

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Please let me know exactly what you do and what is not working. Without any details noone will be able to help you.

mrswolf
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by mrswolf »

HaraldHeim, I just got the new PSP x2 and i have vista when i went to download VM Natural it said unable to load the requested plug-in filter. The plug-in may not be installed properly or maybe missing files. (Plugin: sparkel.8bf) It works fine on my XP but dosn't want to on here. what do you suggest

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

mrswolf
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by mrswolf »

I went to the link and still can't get it to work. i tryed to download the patch and it will not let me. I tryed all of the steps and non of them seam to work. I don't know what i am doing rong. the second step it trying to tell me to do something and i can't figer it out. sigh

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

mrswolf
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by mrswolf »

Thank you i tryed that and it still didn't work. it said it was denied. I don't understand why it is not working. sigh

mrswolf
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by mrswolf »

ggran1, Hi thank you were do i find the help is it in the psp or what? oh and yes i am the admin

eritott
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

PSPX2

Post by eritott »

Hi mrswolf,
As far as I can see it, and experienced, it is not a certain Vista problem. I did have PSPX1 on my XP, all worked fine, then I changed over to PSPX2, and then the problem started. Nothing worked properly on the PSPX2. I called up the Corel customer service in UK and got the answer that it is my Norton antivirus that makes the problem. I also posted a comment here on this site about it. I contacted Symantec Norton Support, and after downloading a small program, I got one of the Norton technicians into my computer checking it up (funny to see my cursor moving around even if I did not touch anything). He disabled Norton completely, still PSPX2 did not work. Then I went a bit further, called the Corel customer support again. The first question I got was: What antivirus program are you using. This time I told them, that I'm using Panda. The answer was: "Yes, we know the problem, and it is only with the Panda that we have problems. We have contacted them several times but they don't do anything". I called them again, same Q, but this time I mentioned AVG, later on I had Kaspersky - always the same answer.
So, Corel is aware of the problem, but still no patch from them, hope they at least are working on it.
I did buy the Corel PSPX2 Ultimate (v 12.50) as a bundle together with some other small programs, e.g. Corel PainterEssentials 4.
So next, I uninstalled all Corel from my computer, disabled my Norton, re-installed PSPX2 only. Now it works somehow, but as soon as I install one filter, which ever, I have to restart my computer to get PSPX2 working. Also, when I open PSPX2, and close it again, I have to restart my computer, before I can reopen the PSPX2.
So if you have followed all those steps Harald gave you, and you have the mentioned .dll's in the right place, it is not a computer problem, but a PSPX2 problem.
You could try to uninstall the Corel products, and re-install the PSPX2 ONLY - if you also bought the bundle.
Sorry to tell you this, but for us customers it is only to wait and sigh, hope and pray, that the Corel is doing something.
eric

mrswolf
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by mrswolf »

eritott, Thank you for your reply i was able to figer it out. Thank you for take your time to help me.