filters not working!

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
lasciel
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

filters not working!

Post by lasciel »

hi harald,
i have a bunch of filters that show up on the list, but when i click on them nothing happens. they used to work fine before i changed my hard disk and had to reinstall photoshop (and i dragged and dropped all my filters from the old hard disk into the current folder).
also can i ask, if i have filters in folders and i put these folders in the general Filter folder, will they show up on the list/ will they work? because mine don't seem to show up on the list when they're in folders.
hope you can help! thanks! :)

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: filters not working!

Post by HaraldHeim »

lasciel wrote:hi harald,
i have a bunch of filters that show up on the list, but when i click on them nothing happens.
Are they greyed out on the menu? Or can you click on them and no dialog shows up?
also can i ask, if i have filters in folders and i put these folders in the general Filter folder, will they show up on the list/ will they work? because mine don't seem to show up on the list when they're in folders.
hope you can help! thanks! :)
Please put the plugins into th main Plug-Ins sub folder of the Photoshop folder and not in the Filters sub folder of the Plug-Ins folder.

lasciel
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Re: filters not working!

Post by lasciel »

Nope, they're not greyed out, they appear to be 'usable' but when i click them they simply don't work. for the other problem, i moved all my filters from the Filters subfolder to the Plug-ins folder and now when i click on any filter in the menu, i get the error message that the file could not be found...
Are they greyed out on the menu? Or can you click on them and no dialog shows up?

Please put the plugins into th main Plug-Ins sub folder of the Photoshop folder and not in the Filters sub folder of the Plug-Ins folder.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I guess it is best if you reinstall the plugins again.

Also please move the other filters back to the Filters sub folder. The native Photoshop filters are placed in the Filters sub folder. If you move them somewhere else, I am not suprised that they do no work anymore.