Paint Shop Pro X2 Plugin Question

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
shydove
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Paint Shop Pro X2 Plugin Question

Post by shydove »

Hi again, I had to finally download Corel psp 12, I am useing Windows Vista 64bit, When I went to use the plugin (Zero) the psp Program wanted to shut down. I know there is a .dll file that I need to install, in order for the plugins to work....However I don't have the needed .dll file anymore...where can I get it, and Where< do I install it <<in Windows Vista.
Thanks again Shydove :P

shydove
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by shydove »

Ok :) I read some of the Post here, and I found the .dll that I needed~Msvcrt10.dll~I installed it into the SysWOW64 sub folder~then I rebooted and went back to psp and I tried to
use the Zero Plugin again, and Still the psp 12 program asked to be shut down, now I suppose I will download the Plugin Commander~ I never understood the plugin commander before :) so i never used it~but now I suppose I have to learn to use it ) sure hope this Commander makes my
psp12 work.
shydove :cry:

shydove
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by shydove »

Question~will the Plugin Commander work in Vista64bit?<<<<<<<<<
To tell you the truth I am Tired of Vista or 64bit!. If the plugin commder don't work in here, If all else fails, I had heard from someone to Install Microsoft Virtual PC. and to only Install Windows XP Professional into it, which lucky enough I have~but I have to have someone come out to my house to do it :) all for the love of psp.
shydove :cry:

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Do you mean the Xero plugins? Because I do not know any Zero plugins.

You do not need msvcrt10.dll for it. I think The problem is DEP, which you can also read on several posts here. Just do a forum search on DEP. You need to deactivate DEP for PSP XII. Or better only activate DEP only for system programs.

The same problem would have occured under Vista 32bit.

shydove
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by shydove »

HaraldHeim wrote:Do you mean the Xero plugins? Because I do not know any Zero plugins.

You do not need msvcrt10.dll for it. I think The problem is DEP, which you can also read on several posts here. Just do a forum search on DEP. You need to deactivate DEP for PSP XII. Or better only activate DEP only for system programs.

The same problem would have occured under Vista 32bit.
Yes, I meant the Xero Plugin, i'am slippin up here :D , thanks for your suggestion, I will go search DEP...and many thanks for the instructions about deactivate and activate.

shydove
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by shydove »

Oh boy I am really slippin up...Yes I meant the Xero Plugin, I'll search for
DEP...and thank you so much for all of the information, it is much appreciated :P