Trouble installing filter

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
KatCoconut
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Trouble installing filter

Post by KatCoconut »

I have installed the 2 missing dlls, and some plugins work when installed, but others while appearing in my drop down menu, give me an error message that the filter is missing files or mis- installed. I have deleted these filters and reinstalled, and keep getting the same message. Can you help?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Which filters? What does the error message say?

KatCoconut
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by KatCoconut »

one filter I'm having trouble with is Greg's Factory Output I. the error message is "Paint Shop Pro was unable to load the requested plugin filter. The plug-in may not be installed properly or may be missing files. (Plug-in: Gpoolshd.8bf)

When I looked in the plugin folder, I find this filter there.
Thanks for your help

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

See http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/p ... kework.htm

If you are using Vista 64bit, you need to copy the .dll file(s) into the SysWOW64 folder.

KatCoconut
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by KatCoconut »

I'm running xp. And already installed the plugin.dll and msvcrt.dll Do I need the msvcrt10.dll as well?

Some filter's like Simple, murameister, eye candy 3, are all working. but I have uninstalled, and reinstalled new copies of Visman, Greg's, Toadies, and a few others and keep getting the same message.

KatCoconut
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by KatCoconut »

I just down loaded and installed the msvcrt10.dll and all is working perfectly. Thanks for your help

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Installing msvcrt.dll can corrupt your Windows installation. This file is a part of Windows and already installed with it. You probably just had luck and the msvcrt.dll was from the same Windows version that you are using. So never install msvcrt.dll downloaded from anywhere on the web!

KatCoconut
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by KatCoconut »

I neverwill again. I guess I just lucked out. Thanks for your help, and the warning. Everything is good now, so no more downloading dlls. for me.