PSP6-Vista 64 bit

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
shydove
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

PSP6-Vista 64 bit

Post by shydove »

Hi, I just bought a new computer, and it turns out to be a 64-bit, now I have a Problem. I installed psp6, upon opening the program a sign came up & said-Failed to update the register-Please try useing REGEDIT. My Question now is, will psp6 work in Vista 64-bit? if I used the REGEDIT ? The program did open & I can use the Zero Plugin so far, I can also do some other things with the program , the Bad thing is the program won't Read the .psp file, for the use of tubes- is there any rememdy? :(

Thanks in Advanced :wink:
shydove

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I think you cannot do much. Either you update to a newer version of PSP or install Windows XP 32bit on your computer.

shydove
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by shydove »

HaraldHeim wrote:I think you cannot do much. Either you update to a newer version of PSP or install Windows XP 32bit on your computer.
When I bought my computer I did'nt know anything about 64 bit, the salesman did'nt let me know that some of my programs would'nt work on it- well anyways do you know which PSP Version will work on a 64 bit? I tried to email Carol with this question, but there email support is turned off to us, this is so disappointing :roll:

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

A user on this forum even said that the latest version of PSP does not work without problems under Vista 64bit. But I did not try it myself. I am using XP as my main OS and only use Vista 64bit for debuging software.

You could complain at the shop where you bought your computer. Maybe you can still exchange your computer for one with Vista 32bit or even better with XP.

shydove
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by shydove »

HaraldHeim wrote:A user on this forum even said that the latest version of PSP does not work without problems under Vista 64bit. But I did not try it myself. I am using XP as my main OS and only use Vista 64bit for debuging software.

You could complain at the shop where you bought your computer. Maybe you can still exchange your computer for one with Vista 32bit or even better with XP.
Thanks for all of your help, after I asked my last question here, I decided to Google my question, and I have found answers- some folks use PSP 7-or 8 in Vista 64-bit, and it works for them, so I decided in install my psp8, and I had Luck it Works, psp 8 also reads all of my tubes that I have collected for the past 8 years, so I am now a Very Happy Camper. I am still going to complain to the shop where I purchased this computer, they should let people know the facts of 32 bit verses 64 bit, I for one have too many Programs that I suppose was written for 32 bit.
Many thanks to you for haveing this
group here, it can be very helpful :P

shydove
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by shydove »

shydove wrote:
HaraldHeim wrote:A user on this forum even said that the latest version of PSP does not work without problems under Vista 64bit. But I did not try it myself. I am using XP as my main OS and only use Vista 64bit for debuging software.

Thanks for all of your help, after I asked my last question here, I decided to Google my question, and I have found answers- some folks use PSP 7-or 8 in Vista 64-bit, and it works for them, so I decided in install my psp8, and I had Luck it Works, psp 8 also reads all of my tubes that I have collected for the past 8 years, so I am now a Very Happy Camper. I am still going to complain to the shop where I purchased this computer, they should let people know the facts of 32 bit verses 64 bit, I for one have too many Programs that I suppose was written for 32 bit.
Many thanks to you for haveing this
group here, it can be very helpful :P
I came back here to let you all know what happened since I made my last Post. My PSP 8 Program crashed my computer, lucky enough it did'nt hurt anything. I was determined to find out about psp programs, so I went to a news group that helps people who get in trouble with there computers, I explained the situation to them, about psp 6 not working in Vista 64 Bit, and here's what they had to say on how to fix it.
Below is there Reply

>I don't think it's a 64 bit problem. I'm pretty sure that version of Paint
Shop Pro isn't compatible with Vista. You could try setting the
compatibility options and also tell Vista to always run the program as an
administrator.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Window ... 01033.mspx

I did what they said, and it did work :P everything on it works! and as of now it's Still Working-they also gave me a microsoft link--I went there to search what psp program was compatibil with Vista, and the search results said----Corel Paint Shop Photo Professional X1
was compatibil with Vista, anyways I just wanted to let you all know
that psp will work on Vista.
shydove

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Congrats and thanks for letting us know. It makes perfect sense to let older programs run as administrator as they were not developed for the restricted permissions of more up-to-date operating systems.

grange
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by grange »

I use psp 12 under vista 64 and aside from it not opening if media player is running or not giving me plugins until I open it a second time I have no problems with it. Not going to blame psp I think its vista that's the problem as it's never keen on sharing resources if a microsoft programme is running.