Vista 64 bit and PSP 12 and plugins

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
WinB
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Vista 64 bit and PSP 12 and plugins

Post by WinB »

Hi,
I hope someone can help me with a problem one of my students is having..
She has a laptop with Vista installed, and it is a 64 bit computer. She is using PSP 12... and very few of her plugins work... none of Andrews Filters, none of Filter Factory, even small ones like Simple, or dbs flux, or funhouse, or fm tile tools... I gave up looking after that... lol..
She has the 7 dlls in both the system and system 32 folders, so she is fine in that direction.. this is the error message she gets...
"the version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computers system information to see whether you need a 32 bit or 64 bit version of the program"
Can anyone detail, step by step, what she must do, to get them to work??
I was just doing some research and it says that the Msvcrt10.dll must be put into the SysWOW64 sub folder of the Windows folder.
And also that the Data Execution Protection must be turned off...
She is very cautious about making changes and would need to be sure that the info she gets is totally correct..
Hopefully
Win

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Yes, she needs to put the .dll files into the SysWow64 folder. And she should better switch off DEP for PSP 12.

WinB
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

re vista 64 bit and plugins

Post by WinB »

Thank you Harald, I really appreciate your help.
As I still have XP, would you mind posting step by step instructions to turn off the DEP for Corel 12 for her... I am pretty computer literate and wil be able to follow your instructions without any problems, just don't have Vista yet myself...
Cheers
WinB

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

She can find detailed instructions here:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Window ... 11033.mspx

WinB
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Vista 64 bit and plugins

Post by WinB »

Many thanks again Harald... I have been to the site and printed out the instructions.
She will be bringing her laptop to class today, so hopefully, with your help, I will be able to fix it for her... I'll let you know what happens...
WinB

shydove
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Re: Vista 64 bit and PSP 12 and plugins

Post by shydove »

WinB wrote:Hi,
I hope someone can help me with a problem one of my students is having..
She has a laptop with Vista installed, and it is a 64 bit computer. She is using PSP 12... and very few of her plugins work... none of Andrews Filters, none of Filter Factory, even small ones like Simple, or dbs flux, or funhouse, or fm tile tools... I gave up looking after that... lol..
She has the 7 dlls in both the system and system 32 folders, so she is fine in that direction.. this is the error message she gets...
"the version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computers system information to see whether you need a 32 bit or 64 bit version of the program"
Can anyone detail, step by step, what she must do, to get them to work??
I was just doing some research and it says that the Msvcrt10.dll must be put into the SysWOW64 sub folder of the Windows folder.
And also that the Data Execution Protection must be turned off...
She is very cautious about making changes and would need to be sure that the info she gets is totally correct..
Hopefully
Win
Exactly what are the 7 .dll files I need, I thought that I only needed 2 , right now I have forgotton which 2 I have, can I be directed to these 7 .dll files, so I can install them, I sure can't wait until I get some plugins in my psp 12, and start palying..I just received my psp 12 in the mail, so I am starting out fresh :P
Thanks so Much Shydove

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Yes, you only need two .dlls to use Filter Factory plugins: Msvcrt10.dll and plugin.dll

shydove
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by shydove »

HaraldHeim wrote:Yes, you only need two .dlls to use Filter Factory plugins: Msvcrt10.dll and plugin.dll
OK , Thanks once again :P

WinB
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

re Vista 64 bit and PSP 12 and plugins

Post by WinB »

Just posting to let you know that my student's problems seem to be fixed... I sent her all the instructions I was able to get from the links and info provided and she asked some friend who was computer savvy to work through them.
When I asked her to get him to list what he actually did, so I could post a report here, all the reply she was able to get was "secret men's business!!"
How pathetic is that ??? As if it was going to be something that what was going to change civilisation as we know it... lol... typical chauvanistic male...
Anyway, to the NON chauvanastic male who helped... many thanks...
WinB