Too many plugins

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
G Spedding
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Too many plugins

Postby G Spedding » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:23 pm

I am like the old woman who lived in a shoe - I have so many plugins I don't know what to do.

I am not an expert by any means at photoshop but do enjoy it and the works of others that help me do neat things. I have amassed and loaded so many plugins that it takes about three minutes to upload Photoshop everytime I want to use it. No problems there; I am patient and so far it does set up everytime (no crashes on that account). Eventually I'll drop a few (put them on disc to use when I need them).

My problem now is that when I go to the "About Plug-ins" menu command I only see about one quarter of the listing of plugins. The screen cannot be made to scroll to the right (or down if necessary) to see the rest of the loaded plugins. Does anybody know how to resolve this issue or have a better way to view all the loaded plugins at one time. Opening up the Filter/Effects menus and looking in the folders for each plugin takes too long as does going to the Programs folder and searching for the Plugins folder.

Please help if you can. Or let me know that I am stuck with this until I remove most of the plugins to a disc.

Regards,

Gary.

Thanks to all developers of plugins, especially those who donate them for users like myself.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:41 pm

If you don't want to remove your plugin manually, have a look at Plugin Commander at www.thepluginsite.com/products/picopro/

plugsnpixels
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby plugsnpixels » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:30 am

I read somewhere that you can disable the Digimarc plugins for a Photoshop speed boost. I guess this keeps PS from checking each image for watermarks.
Free digital imaging ezine (and discounted plug-ins!)
www.plugsandpixels.com

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:50 pm

Haven't tried that, because I never had any speed issues with Photoshop, but it sounds like a good idea if you are using a slower computer.

Return to “Photoshop”