Index print on a CD label

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
acampos
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Index print on a CD label

Postby acampos » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:20 pm

I want to find a plugin for Photoshop (or software) to create thumbnails and arrange them on a CD label (25 - 36 Thumbnails/ CD label). I know I can do it manually but I have tons of CDs and a I want to save time.

Note: I already have the template for the CD labels I have

ddyer
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Thumbnail Label

Postby ddyer » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:32 pm

25-30 might be a reasonable number of thumbnails to cram
on a cd label, but how would you choose them among the
200-300 images that fit on a CD?

jgaines
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

CD Labels

Postby jgaines » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:53 pm

Photoshop CS2 has this feature. It is called "Contact Sheet II" .
Maybe this will help.

mikeb380
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

proof/contact sheet

Postby mikeb380 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:11 am

PSE also has the contact sheet feature and you can set the size of the proofs and columns/rows.

I think rather than trying to put the thumbnails on the disk, I would make proof sheets of all on a disk and store them together. You can get vinyl sheets for the proof sheets and also for the cd and keep them in a notebook. That way you could have all the proofs labeled so you could choose a photo by scanning the proofs.

IRFanView has a contact print option and you can also control the thumb layout and print whatever info you want on the sheet under each thumb, with a header and/or footer as well. IRFANVIEW is a free download at http://www.irfanview.com/. I use it quite a bit and PS plugins work on it also.
Michael :P

WonkyRuler
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Postby WonkyRuler » Mon May 19, 2008 11:15 am

I've done this in the past, it was a bit long winded but came out perfectly. At the time I couldnt actually find a plugin or anything for it, so the way I did it was using corel draw first, unsure if you have it or not?

I basically create the circle shape using the ellipse tool, then made another one for the inner circle. With the measurements from a cd i just changed the diameters so the cirlce itself was perfect, and used that for a template.

You can then use it directly from corel draw, or import to say photoshop (or do the exact same thing in corel if you want) and perhaps create a template from that..

If you need a template, give me a shout and I can send over the ones ive used. Hope this helps!!
| Label Printing | Printed Labels | - WonkyRuler

Return to “Photoshop”