Thinking about B/W Styler, but have a ?

B/W Styler specific discussions
sboatright
Plugin Newbie
Plugin Newbie

Thinking about B/W Styler, but have a ?

Postby sboatright » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:00 am

Today I downloaded the demo version of B/W Styler. I have been playing around with it and have a few questions, before I considered purchasing the plug-in, so I was hoping someone out there can help me.

I am cursious on how the Selective B/W Mode works. Whenever I choose this feature, it seems the selective color I want to stand out is pretty blan and I can not make it brighter. On my original photo, before converting to black and white the color is very vibrant. Any suggestions?

Also, how do I use the Photography Mode (or other modes) in conjunction with the Selective B/W Mode. For example: I have a photo of my daughter that I converted to B/W using the Photography Mode, but would like to keep her shirt blue. So when I switched to the Selective B/W Mode and clicked on Cyan and moved the slider to the max setting, not only is color light, but the rest of the photo doesn't look good. Am I doing something wrong? The examples shown with this feature on the site look great and I would like to achieve something close....

Any help or suggestions would be great!!

Thanks,
Shanda

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:37 pm

The Selective B/W mode offer various icon presets, but you get the best results if you click on the appropriate color in the preview. Afterwards you need to use the Limit slider to adjust the image area that is recolored. Sometimes you need to use very small Limit values to keep the effect to a certain image area.

If you are not satisfied, you can also try clicking on other areas in the preview to sample a slightly different color. But don't forget to readjust the Limit slider afterwards.

You can use Photography Mode and Selective B/W mode together just like you already did. First you use Photography Mode and then Selective B/W.

I hope my explanations helped.

Return to “B/W Styler”