Version 2.02 (January 2013)
- Support for
Photoshop Elements 11
- Support for GraphicConverter 8.2 and
- Bug Fix: The Sharpness combo box
only worked with activated "v1 Logic" check box
- Bug Fix: The correct preset files
are installed now. Previously it installed preset files from
MacOS X Version 2.01 (July 2012)
The plugin now appears
on "The Plugin Site" sub menu of the Filter menu.
Previously it appeared on the PhotoWiz sub menu.
New "v1 Logic"
checkbox that produces the same auto sharpening as FocalBlade
Bug Fix: Damaged .ini files
do not produce crash anymore.
- Fit and 100% zoom buttons were
added at the left of the zoom controls. To comply with Photoshop
the - zoom button is now on the left and the + zoom button
on the right.
Fix: Entering "-" in a slider edit box previously
changed preview zoom
The preview and navigator
backgrounds are not white anymore. They are as gray as the
- The last opened preset is displayed in
Pressing the Esc key cancels
- The blue focus rectangle now vanishes
from a slider text box when you click on a slider or other
- The number of CPUs was added to "Multi-CPU
Off" check box
- The arrow down
buttons have a more modern look
- Bug Fix: The welcome message had missing
characters and bad end of lines.
- Bug Fix: Dragging on the Navigator thumbnail
previously displayed a 100% image at other zoom ratios.
- Bug Fix: When you enlarging the window
the Split View combo and the Multi check box moved away from
Version 2.02b (November 2011)
Support for newer camera raw formats
- Support for external editing in ACDSee. The installer automatically adds it to the External Editors menu of ACDSee and ACDSee Pro.
No preview flicker when switching between images
The Colors histogram is better visible on a white tab sheet background.
- The Prefs > Histo Zoom check box zooms 1.5 times stronger
Bug Fix: Entering a minus sign in a slider edit box does not changes the zoom anymore.
- Bug Fix: The grain effect exhibited a strip pattern on multi-core cpus.
Windows Version 2.02 (June 2011)
New v1 Logic check box for using the auto sharpening algorithm of version 1 of FocalBlade. It is available in Easy Mode, Classic Mode and for the "One Pass Classic" workflow option in Advanced Mode. it is automatically activated by the "Version 1 Defaults" options and preset.
- Plugin improvements:
- Avoids artifacts when processing 16-bit/channel images in PSP X3 SP3.
The plugin now appear on "The Plugin Site" sub menu of the Filters menu (and not on the "PhotoWiz" sub menu anymore).
The window cannot be made smaller than 800x600 pixel.
- No more black check box backgrounds in PSP X2 and X3.
Support for newer camera raw formats
Opening a logged preset with "Logged Settings" works now.
The Log Settings function is performed after each image saving. Previously it happened on exit.
Batch processing does start anymore in the case of an nonexistent output folder.
Wrong error message texts were displayed on some occasions.
Shift clicking on a tab button resets all control of the tab sheet to default values.
New standard title bar instead of a graphical one. The last opened preset is displayed in the title bar.
Smoother and faster window resizing
- The position of the + and - zoom buttons were swapped to be conform with Photoshop.
Press and hold flick under Vista/7 is deactivated.
- The arrow menus are now positioned correctly under Vista/7.
- Selected color boxes have a better visible frame.
- The Instant Slider check box is deactivated by default again.
- When typing in the edit box of a slider the preview is updated after half a second.
- Double clicking a slider label only updates the preview if the slider value was changed. Additionally the focus is set to the slider.
- When zoom is set to Fit, resizing the window now fits the image into the preview
- New label on Info tab sheet which displays image size and bit depth.
- Help texts are now displayed when moving the mouse over labels and edit boxes of slider controls.
- New image for the arrow down buttons.
- The number of CPUs was added to the "Multi-CPU Off" check box on the Prefs Tab sheet.
At more than 100% zoom some parts of the image were not displayed in preview previously.
- The split views are now displayed correctly at more than 100% zoom.
- Pressing the ESC key sometimes caused the plugin to not update the preview anymore.
Sometimes after using the navigator the preview did not update.
- If the user previously did not switch the Preview tab sheets when running FocalBlade for the first time, doing that in subsequent sessions produced bad settings.
Problem with preview update after second execution was fixed.
- The Print Resolution combo box appeared below the Cancel button.
- The Edge/Surface label on the Info tab was adjusted
- Tile size calculation respects the median effect.
- No progress bar flashing anymore.
- The sample area is now also displayed if it lies partially off the preview.
- The color values on the Info tab do not flicker anymore when moving the mouse over the preview.
- The Reset button did not deactivate the N/P/C buttons in Special Effects mode.
- Problem with activation of "Evaluate" check box was fixed.
One installation for the 32-bit and 64-bit plugins.
Plugin Installer now detects PSP X2 Ultimate, XnView, FixFoto, Imagelys Picture Styles as well as Photoline 32-bit on a 64-bit system.
The installation now creates a new folder, start menu group (and desktop icon) for each new version. This makes it easier to have multiple versions installed and allows you to remove older versions without problems after installing a newer one. Please manually remove older versions from the Start > All Programs > The Plugin Site menu.
The installation now supports 8 more languages and a total of 46 languages.
MacOS X Version 2.0 (January 2011)
- Only one version of FocalBlade is offered. This universal binary contains PowerPC 32-bit, Intel 32-bit and Intel 64-bit plugins. It works in Photoshop CS2-CS5 and Photoshop Elements 6-9.
- Bug Fix: Images larger than the available RAM are now processed.
- Various bug fixes
MacOS X Version 2.0 (November 2010)
- FocalBlade 2.0 for MacOS X is based on the Windows Version 2.01. For more details see Version 2.0 and 2.01 for Windows below.
- Available versions:
- 64-bit version for Photoshop CS5 (Intel only, also works in 32-bit mode)
- 32-bit version for other applications (Intel & PowerPC)
- Not supported anymore are Photoshop 7/CS and Photoshop Elements 1-4. But we can provide FocalBlade 1.01, which works with them as well as other old applications.
- There is no Standalone/Lightroom version for MacOS X available.
- Support for images larger than 30,000 pixels in width or height. The Windows version does not support such large images yet.
Windows Standalone/Lightroom Version 2.01b (October 2010)
Support for color management, which means that embedded profiles in JPEG, TIFF and PNG files are used for displaying an image.
- The RAW Options dialog was renamed to "Options" and now contains RAW and Color tab sheets. The Color tab sheet contains color management options.
- A Color Space option for raw files was added to the Options dialog. You can now choose to convert raw files to sRGB, AdobeRGB or ProPhotoRGB.
- Improved handling of profiles and meta data:
- New label on the Info tab sheet which displays image size, bit depth and profile
- Embedded profiles in JPEG, TIFF and PNG files are preserved when saving them as JPEG, TIFF or PNG.
- If a JPEG, TIFF or PNG file does not have an embedded profile, but mentions sRGB as color space in the EXIF data, an sRGB profile is embedded when saving it as JPEG, TIFF or PNG.
- A profile is embedded when saving a RAW file as JPEG, TIFF or PNG.
- The metadata of JPEG files (EXIF, IPTC etc.) is preserved when saving the image again as JPEG.
- XMP, IPTC and Photoshop tags are preserved when opening and saving TIFF files. This means that the EXIF information is correctly displayed in Lightroom for processed images.
- Automatic rotation is now also supported for TIFF and PNG files.
- New "Use Source Folder(s)" check box on the Batch dialog, which lets you save the batch processed images in the same folder as the original image.
- New Minimize button in the title bar for hiding the main window.
- Improved Lightroom Installer, which is more reliable and sets ProPhotoRGB as the color space for processing images.
- The Batch button on the Batch dialog was renamed to "Start".
- The Instant Slider check box is deactivated by default, because of user complaints.
- Bug Fix: The Color values on the Info tab do not flicker anymore when moving the mouse over the preview.
- Bug Fix: File dialog was sometimes displayed at start up.
- Bug Fix: No memory access error message anymore if you close an image and move the mouse over the preview with the Info tab sheet displayed.
- Bug Fix: The preview is not redrawn unnecessarily anymore.
- Bug Fix: Fixed the color of the labels on the Options dialog under Vista/7
- The manual was updated with explanation for the new features.
Windows Version 2.01 (September 2010)
MacOS X Version 1.01 (May 2010)
Windows Version 2.0 (April 2010)
- General Improvements
- FocalBlade 2 renders 10 to 14 times faster than Version 1 if only one processor or core is used. (For certain settings FocalBlade 2 renders even up to 20 times faster).
- Support for hyperthreading, dual core, quad core and multiple processors. With one of these CPUs FocalBlade 2 again renders 1.5 to 4 times faster than with a single core processor. So with an Intel i7 processor FocalBlade 2 renders 60 to 85 times faster than FocalBlade 1.
- A 64-bit version of FocalBlade 2 is available with no additional cost.
- Scripting and smart filter support. FocalBlade 2 now saves its parameters to actions/scripts and smart objects.
- Sharpening Improvements
- Auto Sharpening:
- FocalBlade 2 offers various sharpening workflows with one pass, two passes and three sharpening passes. The old FocalBlade 1 workflow is now called "One-Pass Classic".
- Improved auto sharpening including four output options. Instead of only two output options as in Version 1 you can now choose between five display types as well as inkjet, continuous tone and halftone printing. Additionally you can specify image source, paper type and print resolution.
- Two options for noise reduction are now available in the Surface combo box on the Auto tab sheet.
- The Details combo box on the Auto tab sheet now provides useful radius values even for larger prints. In FocalBlade 1 the suggested radius was usually too high for large images.
- New Evaluate check box that evaluates the preview for calculating the sharpening amount. It is deactivated by default. In FocalBlade 1.0 it was not possible to deactivate the preview evaluation with auto sharpening activated.
- The Calibrate tab sheet lets you adjust the strength of the auto sharpening and softproof options independently for the display, inkjet, contone and halftone output. That way you can calibrate the sharpening and softproofing according to your taste and special conditions.
- Manual Sharpening:
- FocalBlade 2 provides stronger sharpening with less artifacts and halos than FocalBlade 1.
- FocalBlade 2 now offers three sharpening methodsinstead of one. The new Adaptive Radius method sharpens each pixel with a different radius depending on the image details. There is also a Single Radius method, an improved version of the popular Unsharp Mask filter with a Surface slider. The old sharpening method of FocalBlade 1 is now called "Dual Radius".
- The maximum sharpening radius is 32 pixel instead of 16.
- New White and Black Peak sliders for removing black and white halos even more effectively. They remove extreme halos that are not fixed by the White/Black Halo sliders.
- All FocalBlade modes support sharpening up to 2000%. In FocalBlade 1 it was only possible in the DeBlur modes.
- Bug Fix: FocalBlade 1 applied a weaker edge sharpening when running it with the Last Filter command in Photoshop. This does not occur anymore.
- Color Protection options: Up to three colors can be selected to protect image areas with these colors from the sharpening effect.
- Improved edge mask options:
- New Equalize slider for amplifying weaker edge details.
- New Contrast slider for adjusting the contrast of the edge mask.
- The old Smoothness slider was renamed to "Width".
- The Expand slider was renamed to Lightness. The negative range of the Intensity slider was moved over to the Lightness slider.
- The new Intensity check box automatically adjusts the edge mask intensity depending on what is displayed in the preview. The value of the Intensity slider can also be deactivated and set manually. This new check box makes edge sharpening slightly stronger and more effective than in FocalBlade 1.
- Other New Features
- A Softproof option (located on the zoom combo box) that simulates the look of the print. It displays the image on the monitor at the same physical size as the print and imitates the softness of the print. The Softproof preview is updated in real-time, so you can use it while adjusting the settings in FocalBlade.
- Up to 3200% preview zoom
- New Navigator tool for quickly displaying a certain image section in the preview.
- Color Noise Removal option for suppressing color noise. There is also a Resaturate slider for adding back saturation that was removed by strong sharpening or color noise removal.
- Support for Lab and CMYK image modes. Limitations: The Color Mask feature does not work and the Glow feature is not colored. In CMYK mode additionally the Color Noise feature does not work.
- Grain feature for adding subtle grain of three types to the image. This can make the image appear sharper or make soft looking areas look natural again.
- Three Preview tab buttons above the preview for working with three different filter settings at the same time.
- The new Show Halos (High Pass) check box on the Info tab sheet visually shows you how strong each pixel is sharpened. It is helpful for fine-tuning the halos.
- A new Fade slider for reducing the intensity of the overall effect.
- Preset files of FocalBlade 1 are still supported.
- Please move your self-saved presets to the Presets sub folder at the following location to make them appear on the arrow-down menu:
c:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\ThePluginSite\FocalBlade\
To avoids write permission conflicts the .ini, preset and log files are now saved in this folder.
- Many more and new key shortcuts
- The PDF manual was greatly enhanced and contains 74 pages (26 pages more)
- Bug Fix: With activated B/W option the final result was not black and white in FocalBlade 1.0.
- Bug Fix: The Soften slider works correctly in Grayscale mode
- Dialog Changes
- FocalBlade 2 is easier to use with a more organized UI and one central tab control.
- FocalBlade 2 offers 6 modes: Easy Mode, Unsharp Mask, Soft Blur, Noise Reduction, Special Effect and Advanced Mode.
- A total of 80 presets on various arrow-down button menus. The FocalBlade 1 presets are now available from the arrow-down menu on the Effect tab sheet.
- If the Interactive Menus check box is activated on the Prefs tab, then placing the mouse over a preset item on a menu automatically displays its effect in the preview.
- A new tool bar above the preview for choosing between three tools: hand, sample area and eyedropper tool.
- New maximize button on the title bar for enlarging the windows. The task bar is now respected and no controls vanish under it.
- Double clicking the label of a slider or combo box resets it to its default value.
- "Remove Sample Area" command was added to the context menu of the Reset button
- The old Mask Display combo box was turned into six small buttons available on the Adjust and Effect tab sheets.
- The following options were removed, because they did not make a significant difference: Precise check box, Antialias check box, Compensate check boxes, Method combo box. The second Method combo box was replaced with a Median check box.
- The German localization was improved by using image processing terms found in the German localization of Photoshop.
- Bug Fix: Some cosmetic problems under Vista/7 were fixed.
- Plugin Installer now supports Fireworks CS2 to CS5 and displays less options during installation.
MacOS X Version 1.01 (January 2010)
- A Universal Binary version is now available that works with PowerPC as well as Intel processors in Photoshop CS2, CS3 and CS4. There is also a PowerPC version for Photoshop 7, CS and other old applications.
- The ini files are now placed in a folder (at /Users/<user name>/Library/Preferences/PhotoWiz/) that always has write permissions. This avoids reoccuring error messages and lost settings. Different settings are stored for different versions of Photoshop.
- Bug Fix: Scrolling the preview by holding down the Alt key and dragging works again.
Windows Version 1.07 (December 2009)
- Bug Fix: No error message when applying FocalBlade to an adjustment layer or from the top of the Filter menu.
- Bug Fix: Images that are larger than the available RAM are supported again and do not display an preview zoom error message.
- Bug Fix: Error message in cloak mode when running in Photoshop CS4 64-bit under Windows 7 was fixed.
- Bug Fix: Opening a preset from the menu list disabled the Open Preset and Save Preset options.
- Bug Fix: After leaving cloak mode the title bar and auto preview check box are not moved anymore.
- Bug Fix: No error message when switching between the Prefs and Help tab sheets and then clicking on the Print button.
- Bug Fix: Problem with the Reset button causing zero sharpening values solved.
Windows Version 1.06 (Novermber 2009)
- A 64bit version of FocalBlade is available. It can be used with the 64bit version of Photoshop CS4.
- Visual styles are now supported.
- The plugin file size was reduced to 60% of the previous version.
- Plugin Installer now supports Photoshop Elements 8 and PageMaker 7.
- Bug Fix: Under rare circumstances FocalBlade displayed a "preset loading failed" error message with every preview update.
- Bug Fix: When switching between the Help and Prefs tab sheet and changing one of the Auto settings, the sharpening was set to zero.
- The demo version renders less opaque watermarks faster to the image.
Windows Version 1.05 (December 2008)
- DEP Compatibility: Even if Data Execution Protection (DEP) is activated in the Windows Control Panel, FocalBlade still works.
- FocalBlade now supports the Photoshop memory management.
- Improved compatibility with some applications, e.g. color dialogs now work in GIMP and PhotoBrush and preview scrolling now works in SignLab and Image Analyzer.
- Some controls on the FocalBlade dialog were changed to bring it in line with the other PhotoWiz plugins:
- The dialog background is now silver colored instead of brown-grey.
- The Open, Save and Undo buttons were removed and are now items of the new arrow-down button menu at the top
- New Help/Prefs tab sheet at the bottom with new On Startup, On Reset and Log Settings features
- Right clicking on the Reset button displays a context menu
- The context menu that appears when right clicking the dialog background was removed
The FocalBlade dialog was localized to German.You can switch languages with the Language option on the Prefs tab. The manual is still only available in English.
The the .ini files are now saved in the user's application data folder in case the folder of the FocalBlade plugin is not accessible. This avoids problems with restricted user permissions.
Bug Fix: After maximizing the window (by double clicking the FocalBlade logo), exiting and running FocalBlade again, it was not possible to minimize the window (by double clicking the FocalBlade logo). It works now.
- Bug Fix: Exiting the plugin with the ESC key does not cause a messed up dialog anymore when running the plugin again.
- Bug Fix: Opening a preset does not change the state of the Auto Preview, SplitView and B/W controls anymore.
- The Manual and interactive help texts were updated.
- New multilingual installation.
- The Plugin Installer now supports several new compatible applications. It is now also available in German language and correctly installs plugins into various localized versions of Photoshop CS2, CS3 and CS4 (German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Danish).
MacOS X Version 1.0 (April 2, 2007)
- Mac-Intel Version for Photoshop CS3 is now available
Windows Version 1.04b (File Date: March 13, 2007)
MacOS X Version 1.0 (January 13, 2006)
- First MacOS X release of FocalBlade
- It is based on the Windows Version 1.03. However, some features and bug fixes from the Windows Version 1.04 are already available, e.g. visible selections in the preview. The remaining features of the Windows Version 1.04, e.g. interrupted rendering, will be included in the next free update.
Windows Version 1.04 (File Date: May 31, 2005)
- New Features:
- Selections from your graphics application can now be seen in the FocalBlade preview. The effect is only applied to the selection area in FocalBlade. This feature currently only works in Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Paint Shop Pro 4 - 7, Photo-Paint, Canvas, FotoCanvas and Ultimate Paint.
- FocalBlade now immediately reacts to user actions. You don't have to wait anymore until the preview is rendered before you can readjust a setting or drag the preview. The current rendering will be stopped immediately and rendering will start again.
- Right clicking on the Open Preset button will display all presets from the Preset sub folder in a context menu and lets you choose one.
- Dragging the window is now only possible with the title bar. Previously you were able to click anywhere on the background to drag the window. That made some people who missed the sliders drag the dialog instead of the slider.
- You can now use the mouse wheel to change slider values. You need to click the slider at first though.
- Two new preset for doing noise reduction in FocalBlade.
- A tool called Plugin Installer is installed with FocalBlade and also executed during setup. It lets you copy the FocalBlade plugin to the plugin folder of various applications and also uninstall it later again. It can detect the plugin folder of 25 graphics applications.
- If necessary FocalBlade will now look for the html manual and presets in the original installation folder. That means, if you only copy the FocalBlade.8bf file into a plugin folder, the mentioned features will work nevertheless.
- Bug Fix: No artifacts occur anymore in Photoline on 16bit images.
- Bug Fix: Transparent areas are now correctly displayed with a chessboard pattern when applying FocalBlade to a 16bit layer in Photoshop.
- Bug Fix: The Expand slider works correctly now in X-Ray Negative mode on 16bit images.
- Bug Fix: Sample area marquee was displayed transparent when working with 16bit images.
- Bug Fix: All split view options were available in all modes, although they didn't work in some modes.
- Bug Fix: Previously the sample area feature also worked in modes where it had no effect.
- Bug Fix: Zoom combo box sometimes displayed the zoom value wrongly when running FocalBlade a second time.
- Bug Fix: Using the mouse wheel to scroll through the combo boxes works now.
- Bug Fix: Zoom combo box was deselected on 6%
- Bug Fix: Beta screen problems
- The Demo version now applies a slightly less visible watermark
Windows Version 1.03 (File Date: July 11, 2004)
- Context menu with settings for landscape, portrait and night photos appears if you right click on the Auto combo boxes or Screen and Print buttons.
- Context menu that pops up if you right click the window background.
- Double clicking the FocalBlade letters in the title bar will maximize the window, double clicking them again will restore the old window size.
- Nonlinear behavior was added to the Radius sliders, the White/Black Halo sliders, the Smoothness slider, the Remove slider and the Glow slider. This makes it easier to select important slider values.
- The Manual was extended with a "Sharpening with a Brush" instructions on the Step by Step page and information about "Non-destructive Sharpening" and "Sharpening Tips for for Landscape, Portrait, Night photos" on the Tips page.
- The slider edit boxes were made smaller and the sliders were made a bit longer.
- Bug Fix: The three Auto options sometimes didn't work with 16-bit images and deactivated sharpening. It is fixed now.
- Bug Fix: The setting of the Auto Preview check box isn't changed anymore when opening a preset.
- Bug Fix: The preview isn't recalculated if the whole image is displayed and you try to the preview image drag with right mouse button.
- Bug Fix: Unsteadiness of progress bar was fixed.
- Bug Fix: Small inaccuracy in Cloak Mode was fixed.
- Bug Fix: The setting of the Auto Preview check box is restored across sessions
- Demo Version: A white watermark is now applied instead of a red one.
Windows Version 1.02b (File Date: January 31 , 2004)
- More precise sharpening. The brightness isn't increased unnecessarily anymore when sharpening 8-bit images. This will also produce a better overall saturation in some cases.
- Bug Fix: Applying FocalBlade on a selection doesn't cause a memory error anymore when the preview is updated.
- Bug Fix: Applying a blur effect to an image doesn't cause black borders or colored streaks at the vertical image border anymore.
- Bug Fix: In Cloak Mode a slightly weaker sharpening effect was applied sometimes. FocalBlade does more pre-processing in Cloak Mode now, to produce accurate results.
- Bug Fix: Sometimes the controls were not correctly positioned when running FocalBlade. This has been fixed.
- Bug Fix: The Sharpen sliders in the deblur modes aren't cut off at 1000 anymore when their values are restored.
- Bug Fix: The Focalblade setup will now display the previous installation folder by default.
Windows Version 1.02 (File Date: December 31, 2003)
- Stronger sharpening possible . The range of the Sharpen sliders has been increased from 400% to 1000%. In the Deblur Modes even to 2000%.
- Resizable window and preview. Minimum screen resolution is now 640x480 pixel at Small Font setting and not 800x600 pixel as before.
- New Antialias feature for reducing artifacts and grain thus allowing a stronger sharpening effects to be applied.
- A 100% preview for images of any size can now be displayed, because no additional RAM is now needed to generate it.
- 15 new preset files for creating artistic effects.
- Cloak Mode was greatly improved:
- FocalBlade now calculates the auto sharpening values more precisely during Cloak Mode. That means that there may be some delay because of precaluclations before FocalBlade starts processing an image in Cloak Mode. If you don't need any auto sharpening in Cloak Mode, you can avoid that by setting Auto Sharpen to "Off" before entering Cloak Mode.
- In Cloak Mode the image is now processed in tiles and not as a whole as in previous versions.
- The FocalBlade.ini file is now read every time FocalBlade is applied in Cloak Mode. This lets you use Cloak Mode with graphics applications that don't save plugin settings across invocations and it doesn't force you to enter Cloak Mode again when restarting your graphics application.
- Leaving the Cloak Mode by holding down the Shift key is possible again.
- Bug Fix: Auto features work in Sharpen Edges mode again .
- Bug Fix: The color of the color box left of the Glow slider is saved now during invocations.
Windows Version 1.01b (File Date: November 17, 2003)
- Memory-Error-Bug fixed. This bug occured when the Precise check box was activated. It also occured when processing a greyscale image in Paint Shop Pro.
- The setup overwrites all files and not only the older ones. This makes sure that the demo version is always overwritten by the full version.
- Some small fixes in the Manual
Windows Version 1.01 (File Date: October 31, 2003)
- FocalBlade processes images in tiles now. FocalBlade can now process huge images with very little RAM and renders up to 10% faster at low RAM. There is no limit to the size of images that FocalBlade can process.
- Better Sharpening: The saturation and brightness are less increased when sharpening.
- New Highlights/Shadows sliders on the Fix tab sheet in the Expert and BeBlur Pro modes for reducing the sharpening in the highlight and shadow areas. The same sliders can also be used in the Expert and Selective Blur Pro modes for reducing the blurring in the highlight and shadow areas.
- The White/Black Halo sliders previously only affected the edges, now they also affect the surface area. They also work more precise.
- Support for grayscale images (8 bit and 16 bit). In this image mode FocalBlade will render a bit faster. A few features, e.g. the B/W button and the color box, won't have any effect.
- Enhanced compatibility with Photoshop CS: The preview works now when applying FocalBlade on a layer in 16bit mode.
- When holding down the Alt key, you can use the left mouse button (instead of the right mouse button) for scrolling the image in the preview.
- The default setting for Auto Details has been changed from "Medium" to "Fine" as this usually produces better results.
- The Undo button now also removes or restores the sample area.
- After drawing the sample area the preview was sometimes updated twice, which interfered with the Undo feature. That was fixed.
- The demo version now applies a watermark instead of a large grid.
- The Manual was updated, especially the Tips section.
- Several smaller bug fixes
Windows Version 1.0 (File Date: July 25, 2003)