old film

General Remaks about our web site or other things that don't fit in any other forum
trilobyte

old film

Post by trilobyte »

Sorry, if this is the wrong place to post. This might be more applicable to AfterEffects or Premiere, but you never know...

I am working on my father's old 16mm film. Some of this stuff is over 50 years old. Time has taken it's toll. The film stinks of vinegar. I cleaned it, fixed up the splices and had it professionally transferred to mini-dv so I could input it into the computer. I want to put them all on DVD to distribute to a rather large family.

Obviously, the colors have turned and there is dirt.

I have been playing around with the filters in Premiere to try to work on this. The color balance filters, HSL, the light/dark filter. (my machine is busy and I can't look up the proper names). Very frustrating.

Does anyone have experience in doing stuff like this that you can develop a tutorial? And are there any custom made filters that might help me along?

Thanks, it is all very much appreciated.

PP

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

We are about to release a nice photo correction plugin in a few days. But it only works with Photoshop or a similar image application.

Premiere's correction tools are quite limited. Please consider exporting the individual frames to Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. There you will be able to correct them much better.