How do you like the new web design of The Plugin Site?

General Remaks about our web site or other things that don't fit in any other forum
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

How do you like the new web design of The Plugin Site?

Post by HaraldHeim »

The Plugin Site received a new web design to make it better viewable on desktop as well as mobile devices. So far only the front page was redesigned and the other pages were adjusted to the new look. In 2017 we will be redesigning more pages.

Please let us know how you like the new design, what you dislike and what could be improved!

promytius
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Re: How do you like the new web design of The Plugin Site?

Post by promytius »

(Repeating poll comment) The new look is obviously going to make thumb-typing millennials go bonkers.

From the newsletter link I was taken to the middle of the page. The Home link here though worked fine.
I would suggest moving the FORUM link to the top list, and not under support, or also under support, but I'd like to see it immediately on landing.
There were only 3 products in the slideshow, I suggest 1 or 2 more and rotate them frequently, even use a Netflix approach and change the representative images frequently -they say it keeps interest fresh... and that would be more work though.
I really like the old logos for your products, but I'm guessing they will change too; perhaps you can archive them on a page to remind us of their origins!
Have you ever considered supporting additional graphics programs? There are still some that could benefit from your great products.
Best of luck and success with the refurbishing! You are off to a great start.

Margy
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Margy »

I really love the new look of the website. Can't wait to see when all pages are done.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for your suggestions, promytius! I also hate some of these ultramodern web sites, which bomb you with animations and effects while you scroll down. I will tried to avoid that and let the viewer keep his peace of mind :-).

When adding more top menu items the design breaks when viewed on tablets, but I will think of a solution for that!

I guess you clicked the poll link, which takes you to the middle of the page. Another guy wrote that it took him to the top of the page, which was probably because of how his email program handled the link.

There will also be more slides added at the top. I am also thinking of replacing the random transitions with a simple right to left movement. It would probably also be nice to start with a random slide and not always with number 1. Not sure if that is possible with the current slider software.

The product logos will not be changed very soon, if ever.

Which additional programs should be supported? The PhotoWiz plugins already support 70+ applications. The "Elements Bundle" products can only run in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements, because no other application supports automation plugins. MetaRaw, which is a format plugin, could be made working in some other applications, e.g. Paint Shop Pro, but there are no plans for that yet. Unfortunately most other applications only support filter plugins and some also format plugins. Even Lightroom has very limited support for plugins unfortunately.

Thanks for your wishes!