November 2003 Poll: Plugin Dialog Design: Comments

General Remaks about our web site or other things that don't fit in any other forum
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

November 2003 Poll: Plugin Dialog Design: Comments

Post by HaraldHeim »

Please feel free to comment on your dialog design preference here. Doesn't it matter to you or do you prefer a certain orientation (left, right, top) of the preview on a plugin dialog?

fminish

Comment on plugin design survey.

Post by fminish »

Just a thought on the question of plugin design and about my vote that it doesn't really matter where the preview and or settings dialog are. I think that what matters more than anything to me about plugin design is that it is user friendly in that it is intuitive as to how it works and that the main settings controls are in some sort of order and are relatively easy to use. Another thing, along these same lines, is that the button or whatever that you have to click to apply the plugin effect is easy to see and use or is at least straight forward in what you are supposed to do to make it work. I realize that no two people are the same in how they work or what they like in the way of controls so I think that most of the people that make the plugins do quite an amazing job in laying out the greater share of the plugins available on the market right now.