Plug-ins not working

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
justieb
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Plug-ins not working

Post by justieb »

I have Photoshop CS3 and a gazillon (well a lot) of plug-ins. However, they would only show up from the A's thru the S's. My Vizros and my Xero etc wouldn't show up. So, Adobe had me move the file Adope Photoshop CS3 Settings to my desktop and that fixed some of it. It now shows up thru the U's.
PLEASE can someone tell me how to fix this?
ALSO... When I am installing Actions it gives me some error code about no more Virtual Memory.
I'm not that smart with computers. Can someone please tell me what's going on? Do you know what I need to do to fix this?

THANK YOU!!!!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

If one of your hard drives is almost full, please remove some files to make more room.

aspect_ratio_16x9
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by aspect_ratio_16x9 »

do you have the gazillions installed in Photoshop>Plugins, or in a seperate folder? I had the same problem and put all plugins in a different folder; go into EDIT>Preferences> Plug Ins and Scratch Discs>Additional Plug Ins Folder

From there, you can navigate to the remote folder, save changes to Preferences, restart Photoshop.

Chummy
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Plug-ins not appearing

Post by Chummy »

Like the original poster, I've numerous plug-ins and found these do not all appear in either PSE or PS. As you suggested I moved the plug-ins to a separate folder, pointed to that folder and restarted PS, however they still do not all appear in the plug-ins list.

Does anyone else have a solution, apart from culling plug-ins? Do these applications in fact have a limit as to the number of plug-ins they make available (unlike, for example, Paint Shop Pro)?

Thank you!

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Yes, it is possible that Photoshop has a limit on how many plugins it can display. But I never reached that limit so far.

So your only choise if to remove many of the plugins. If many of your plugins are FilterFactory plugins, you can also use them in Filters Unlimited (http://www.icnet.de/filters_unlimited/). It lets you use the thousands of FilterFactory plugins with the help of only one plugin.

If you want a freeware solution, then get Plugin Commander Light (http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/picopro/). It lets you disable the less needed Filter Factory plugins and enable them again when you need them.

You can recognize Filter Factory .8bf files by the fact that they are 49,152 or 56,344 bytes large.

Chummy
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Thanks!

Post by Chummy »

Thanks, Harald! I'll try Plug-in Commander. It would indeed be nice if either PS or PSE actually had the same plug-in capacity as does Paint Shop Pro. With the latter I've never run into any problems with the number of plug-ins installed, available, etc.

cmrazon
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

PROBLEM UPLOADING filter unlimited using cs3 macintosh

Post by cmrazon »

need you help i want to add nik sharp and filter unlimited in my mac with extension name .ffx and.8bf

please need your advice thnks in advance

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Filters Unlimited is only available Windows and not for Mac. Please make sure that you have a Mac version of nik Sharpener.

cmrazon
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

plugins for CS3 Mac

Post by cmrazon »

HaraldHeim wrote:Filters Unlimited is only available Windows and not for Mac. Please make sure that you have a Mac version of nik Sharpener.
thnks for the reply.

cmrazon
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by cmrazon »

HaraldHeim wrote:Filters Unlimited is only available Windows and not for Mac. Please make sure that you have a Mac version of nik Sharpener.
btw, can you recommend best website with free plugins for mac

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »