Cant seem to use any plug in

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
Todd Jaeger
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Cant seem to use any plug in

Post by Todd Jaeger »

Hi there folks. I'm an up and coming digital photographer. That is too say I just bought a DSLR and photoshop CS4, and in about 20 years I will be a photographer :lol:

I have been taking photoshop classes on the Kelby Training website and I got interested in plug in's.

Nothing seems to work for me. I have tried lucasArt, onOne, Nik Software and various free plug in's.

As I said I am running photoshop cs4, and I have downloaded all of the plug in's into the proper folders... C:\mycomputer\programfiles\adobe\adobephotoshop\plugins

Nothing is showing up in photoshop. I have spent a few days reading everything I can about where they would show up. There is nothing under the filter menu's, there is nothing under the automate menu and there is nothing between the window and help menu's.

I have scoured the interwebs and I honestly cant say that I have found anyone with the problem I am having.

If anyone can PLEASE help me I would be grateful. At the moment I have about $200 of software I cant do anything with on my machine!

Thank you for taking the time too read.

Todd Jaeger
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Todd Jaeger »

Also...I did buy Photomatix for generating HDR photograph's, and that is corresponding with photoshop just fine.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

By defaul Photoshop is installed at
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\

If you have Photoshop there, the path to the plugin folder is:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Plug-Ins\

If you stored your plugins in a folder called "plugins", this cannot be right, because the plugin sub folder in the Photoshop folder is always called "Plug-Ins".

Todd Jaeger
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Todd Jaeger »

Sorry this is my path:

OS(C:)\ProgramFiles\Adobe\AdobePhotoshopCS4\Plug-ins

Just what you typed before, I just spelled it wrong.
In this plug-ins folder I have a Nik Software folder and onOne folder aswell as my filters/panels/import-export folders ect.

As far as I know its all in the right place :(

Thx for reply tho

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Are you using the 64bit version of Vista? If so, you are probably also running the 64bit version of Photoshop CS4. Many plugins only work with the 32bit version of Photoshop CS4. So you need to install them there.

The plugin folder of 32bit Photoshop CS4 under Vista64 is at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Plug-Ins\