Photoshop CS2 for free to everyone (a gift from Adobe)

Comments and discussions about Adobe Photoshop
DDR
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Photoshop CS2 for free to everyone (a gift from Adobe)

Post by DDR »

Dear PluginSite users,

We all can now get a free host for The PluginSite plugins thank to Adobe Corporation (that seems to be very strange, in the case of Adobe).

Adobe Corp. has decided to put all of this onto public web pages which makes Photoshop CS2, and all other apps of Creative Suite 2, available for free to everyone who cares to get it. The public download pages can be found on the Adobe server as below.

Photoshop CS2 and Creative Suite CS2 download pages, with serial numbers (original link):
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

P.S. If using a 64-bit Win'7 and Win'8, DO NOT download the common installer of Creative Suite 2 (the three discs). The common installer will strike. But the individual apps downloaded with their individual serial numbers will be installed properly on both 32-bit and 64-bit Win'7 and Win'8. (I do not know how about MAC versions of the software because I use only Windows OS).

Enjoy! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!! :D :D :D

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Photoshop CS2 for free to everyone (a gift from Adobe)

Post by HaraldHeim »

Please note that even if Adobe makes Photoshop CS2 and a serial number freely available, it does not mean that you can legally use it if you did not buy it in the past. This download is only meant for legal owners of Photoshop CS2. Adobe makes it available because it has shut down the online activation service for Photoshop CS2.

nsterkn
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by nsterkn »

If we can't use it then why is it publicly accessible?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

It seems that Adobe does not have the contact addresses of every Photoshop CS2 user, so they made it publically available. It is possible for everyone to use it, but it is not legal to use it if you did not buy Photoshop CS2 in the past. Besides, you can now only download it with an Adobe ID, so Adobe knows who downloaded it, unless you faked your Adobe ID.

nsterkn
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by nsterkn »

No, I just hit the download button without signing in and it let me start downloading it immdiately.

I think this is just free, public software now, since it is so old. Not sure why but that's cool. My point is that something is not illegal if it is completely accessible to the public by the company that produced it: no court would ever uphold that.

Yes, your honor, the product was in fact available to download for anybody who came across it but we were counting on folks integrity to keep them from downloading it if they had not previously purchased a CS product. Wait, what do you mean that it is 'our problem'?

Sounds a little silly.

nsterkn
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by nsterkn »

Scratch that, it actually does require a login.

It is implicit that Adobe does not give authority to use the software UNLESS you purchases CS2 back in the day. It does this when you click 'I Agree' to get to the download.

CS2 is dated and is not completely optimal to run on modern OS but it does work.

I think it is a personal choice. For me, it is a choice about integrity. I don't particularly like the sleazy way Adobe does business. But does that mean I employ similar sleazy tactics (like using this version for free when they clearly don't want you to?) For me, the answer is no.

I do, however, feel a bit reassured with having this installer in case a crazy event takes place and only folks with the mark of the beast are allowed to license software: then, this CS2 version that needs no registration will come in handy (not sure for what).

Anyway, I will save my pennies and buy CS6 legit. If they take CS6 off the market before I purchase it, this CS2 version will be the only alternative to renting software. Just my 2 cents. I agree with Harry: pay for your software. At the end of the day, you'll be the bigger person and you'll have nothing to worry about if you do not do anything wrong.

Besides, Elements XXL on PSE12 is way more pleasing than CS2. All we need is to be able to edit in 16-bit mode. And I would pay good money to update to that version of XXL.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »