how to keep plugins enabled in PSP X?

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
rgreene
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

how to keep plugins enabled in PSP X?

Post by rgreene »

I just upgraded to Paint Shop Pro X (v10.02 to be exact) and find that I can get plugins to work by setting their location and enabling them in the "File locations..." diaolog. But then when I exit the program and restart it, no plugins are found again ("Plugins" is greyed out on the Effects menu). I have to go back to the "File locations..." diaolog and make some change that causes it to resave those preferences (even just some change in a dummy empty folder added to the list!), and then the plugins will show up in the menu again.

I tested with the ColorMunger.8bf sample filter from the Adobe plugin SDK v.4 just to make sure it wasn't an issue with my particualr plugins and get the same behavior. I also get the same behavior whether the plugins are located in the default folder (C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel Paint Shop Pro X\PlugIns), a sub folder of that, or some other folder.

Any idea what might be happening or how to get it to remember to enable plugins at startup?

rgreene
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by rgreene »

they've fixed this problem in v.10.03 & there's a patch available at http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite? ... Shop+Pro+X

Luv2CraftGinny
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

psp10 plugins won't stay enabled

Post by Luv2CraftGinny »

I have this problem also, and the link did not work, any ideas?????
Ginny

Luv2CraftGinny
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Got it, plugins now stay inabled

Post by Luv2CraftGinny »

I opened up my PSP 10, found out I had 10.02 and not 10.03, so I went to help and check for updates, and whammo 10.03 was there for me to update to.
Problem solved, but if I had not come here, I would not have thought of that, dumb, dumb, dumb.

Infinity
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Re: Got it, plugins now stay inabled

Post by Infinity »

Luv2CraftGinny wrote:I opened up my PSP 10, found out I had 10.02 and not 10.03, so I went to help and check for updates, and whammo 10.03 was there for me to update to.
Problem solved, but if I had not come here, I would not have thought of that, dumb, dumb, dumb.
OK I did this too.
It gives me the option of either installing it or downloading it.
Which should I choose?
And if I need to download it, where do I put the patch file?

Thanks!