Memory Access Violation???

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
SharonJ
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Memory Access Violation???

Post by SharonJ »

I used Xero filter "sky-cleaner in PSP 7 without difficulty until yesterday.
I am now getting a Memory Access violation error as soon as I try to apply the filter to my selection.
I reinstalled the filter in PSP version 7 and 8, rebooted, but the problem persists.
This is a new MDG computer Intel® Core™2 Duo processor E6400 with 2MB Cache 2 GB high performance memory 500 GB hard drive.
I should not be low in memory.

Can anyone suggest a solution for this problem??
(I am able to use "Eye Candy".)
So far they are the only installed plug-ins,
I didn't want to continue with further installations until I can sort out this perplexing issue.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You have activated Data Execution Prevention (DEP) for all programs. Please only activate it for the system programs. Then the Xero plugins (and other plugins that were created with FilterMeister) will work again.

SharonJ
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by SharonJ »

:D You are right! Thank you so much.
I had ticked the second choice to disable CDM surrogate because of video errors I was receiving while reviewing video.
(That didn't solve my video problem, but at least I do have my plug-ins back now.)

rmwade
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

CDM Surrogate

Post by rmwade »

I'm getting a failure message regarding CDM Surrogate on my laptop (running Windows XP), and this forum is the only place where I've found this thing mentioned. I have no idea what it is. What is a CDM Surrogate?