Shapes??

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
Omegasis
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Shapes??

Post by Omegasis »

I was hopeing someone could help me to make a shape as I have searched PSP7 and when I start I can only start off with pixels which only make square's and rectangles.

Can someone tell me how I could make a different shape, or can I only Make square's and rectangles?

It's not about knowing your enemy, It's about knowing yourself.

Jaci

Post by Jaci »

You can make many shapes in PSP7, especially when you work with the semi-vector based tools. If you go to the Preset Shapes tool, you'll see that there are many shapes already ready for you to use (as default, squares, stars, ellipses, buttons, cones, signs).
If you draw an ellipse as a vector (you check that option in the Tool Options Palette for the Preset Shapes), you can modify it using the Object Selector tool. With this tool, you can add nodes (which will define the new paths) and modify their looks, creating curves and straight lines and combining them to make endless shapes.
I have several tutorials on building images from scratch using vector shapes that might help you have a better idea of what you can get. My site is http://malephika.formmailer.net