Harry's Filters in PSP 8

Comments and discussions about Paint Shop Pro from Corel and formerly JASC
edhayd

Harry's Filters in PSP 8

Post by edhayd »

:( I have installed Harry's Filters in Psp 7 and the work great. I have them installed in PSP 8 and cannot get them to work.I try to apply it to a photo and I get the following message-- A window comes up that is Filtermeister Run time Exception. THe Message says -- Memory Access Violation. Display exception details. I click yes another Window comes up -- Filtermeister segment Register Contents ds=0x0023. Also when the filter window comes up in PSP 8 I have a black bar extending from the Instant Preview chek box to just above the open button. It is not there in PSP 7 and the filters work in PSP 7 Thanks

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I currently can't reproduce the problem in PSP8. Are you doing anything special to the image before applying Harry's Filter 2? Are you using selections, layers, masks, transparency? Do you use a special color mode, e.g. 256 color? Does it only appear when a certain filter is selected from the two combo boxes at the top?

The black bar is because PSP8 doesn't turn off the XP styles for plugins like Photoshop does. That's why the label of check boxes are displayed as black boxes.

I will release an update of Harry's Filters 2 soon, which will fix the black boxes. But it would be nice if I would be able to fix the other problem, too. But I can only do that if I'm able to reproduce the problem.

Thanks for your help!

ed

Harry's Filters

Post by ed »

Since you mentioned if I had done something special to the photo before applying the filters I tried one on a photo I knew I hadn't done anything to and it worked. I must have kept pullling up photos that I had worked on. Thanks

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Can you please try see if you can find a photo that it doesn't work on? If you can, that would be a great help.

Ed

Photo

Post by Ed »

I can find one that it doesn't work on. I guess you want to try it. Am I correct? If so how can I send it to you? Ed

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Please attach it to an email to xxx
Thanks!