A batch of new filters

Post the newest and best resources (e.g. plugins, tuorials, sites) and image galleries you have found.
g1fred
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

A batch of new filters

Post by g1fred »

've made a number of FF filters for use with Photoshop and After Effects and have them on my web site,
http://www.gwhite.us/design/ Navigate to the image filters page. The Blur Threshold filter in particular is very useful for reducing noise and jpeg artifacts without blurring edge detail. There is nothing in Photoshop that gives you this level of control without the use of a mask, and I used this daily in production work. All the filters here are compiled in filter factory for use on a Windows system, but the dowmload includes the code for each filter so Mac users may make them.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for letting us know. I will mention them in the Plugin Newsletter on Saturday.

You should consider recompiling them with FilterMeister (www.filtermeister.com) which offer much more possibilities than FilterFactory. You could also do a Mac version with FilterFoundry (www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/), which supports MacOS X, which FilterFactory doesn't do.