Slow motion im Premiere...?

Comments and discussions about Premiere, After Effects and other video applications
rain_king

Slow motion im Premiere...?

Post by rain_king »

Hi all,

I'm editing a football video and for some of the scenes I would like to use slow motion. The problem is that the normal feature gives a quite bumpy look. Is there a plug in, that allows working with motion estimation or is there an external program that is freeware? Plug in would be nicer since I'm working with Fast DV.now which lets my .avi files apear as .dif files, so that I would have to change the format if I want to use it in a different Program than Premiere.

Thanks for your help,
rain_king

r0s.eee

Slow mo premiere

Post by r0s.eee »

try Reelsmart Twixtor?

raj_542@yahoo.com

Re: Slow mo premiere

Post by raj_542@yahoo.com »

r0s.eee wrote:try Reelsmart Twixtor?
:lol: :D

cve

slowmotion in Premiere

Post by cve »

No need for an external program ... Put speed to (whatever you like -let's say -60), select video --> options --> always deinterlace. Works fine

avibl
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

I also recomend

Post by avibl »

Hi I also recomend that you try flicker removel , it also do a little blurring so try...

casper

Slowmo

Post by casper »

Hi. i think u should use the premiere slow motion and with that use Flicker Remover .. it works very fine .. :o
by the way .. CVE is also right :)

Rik

Post by Rik »

To create smooth slow motion specify a slow motion value that produces integer multiples of the current rate. For example, 50% (2x), 33.33 (3x), 25% (4x), etc. If you specify irregular percentage, such as 40%, Premiere is forced to double some frames, while omitting others resulting in a jerky effect during playback.

For the smoothest possible slow motion, before changing a clips speed, right click on the timeline. Select Video/Frame Hold and turn Frame Blending ON.

Also keep in mind the field order!

Different video formats and different video codecs treat either the top or bottom fields as the “first” field. You must know which setting is proper to use, or you will get reversed fields. DV formats ALWAYS use field 1 dominance -- LOWER FIELD FIRST!

If you mistakenly render your DV video as UPPER FIELD FIRST, you will see what reversed fields are. Moving object will seem to “jitter.” That’s because instead of playing the fields in the proper temporal order (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) you will be taking two steps forward and one back (2,1,4,3,6,5,8,7,10,9).

Good luck!