removal of title and timestamp from captured video

Comments and discussions about Premiere, After Effects and other video applications
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I only see two ways to do that:

1. The time consuming and perfect way: Export your video as a series of BMP images and use the Clone Brush e.g. in Photoshop to remove the time stamp from every frame of your video. The reimport the BMP files.

2. The quick, but less perfect way: Apply a Blur effect to the area of the time stamp directly in your video application.

pfoley

Frameserving to Photoshop?

Post by pfoley »

Is there a way to "frameserve" to PhotoShop, to automate the application of a filter to every frame of a video?

------------------------------
HaraldHeim wrote:I only see two ways to do that:

1. The time consuming and perfect way: Export your video as a series of BMP images and use the Clone Brush e.g. in Photoshop to remove the time stamp from every frame of your video. The reimport the BMP files.

2. The quick, but less perfect way: Apply a Blur effect to the area of the time stamp directly in your video application.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Why not apply the filter directly in Premiere? Some of the Photoshop filters are available in Premiere, too.

If you need to apply a filter from Photoshop that isn't available in Premiere, the easiest way would be to do the following:

1. Export your video as a series of BMP images.

2. Create an Action in Photoshop that does the things you want.

3. Use Photoshop's Batch Processing feature to apply the Action to every BMP frame automatically.

4. The reimport the BMP files in Premiere.

avibl
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

I know what I would do

Post by avibl »

If your writings in the edges I would do a mask and use the luminicity transperici (my English is bad :)

Kev Bailey
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Kev Bailey »

It may be easier to export movie as FLC/FLI from the export timeline dialogue. This sends it to Photoshop as a "cartoon strip" that can be worked on. I've followed a tutorial on creating the "light sabre" from Star Wars with excellent results. I don't see why you couldn't use this to selectively remove portions of your frames. As for automating it, I don't know. My skills in Photoshop aren't as good as those in Premiere.
Cheers

Kev Bailey

ActionVideo
North Wales