Photo Shop plug-ins in Adobe Premiere

Comments and discussions about Premiere, After Effects and other video applications
bdcustoms
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Photo Shop plug-ins in Adobe Premiere

Post by bdcustoms »

I'm new to the forum but I need some help. For whatever reason I'm not able to access the PS plug-ins like zigzag, wind, crystalize ect. from the effects pallett inside Premiere. I do however see the PS plug-ins folder located in the Adobe Premiere/programfiles/plugins folder. Along with all the AE plug-ins and everything else. I'm able to access all the other effects except the photoshop ones. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do in order to use the PS effects in adobe premiere? Or better yet am I even able to use those PS plug-ins? I've tryed several different things re-installed both Premiere and PS as well as move the plug-ins from there folder and place them with all the other plug-ins but nothing seems to work. I tried for hours and I'm frustrated can someone help.
Thanks for your time

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

What Version of Premiere do you use? Photoshop plugins should work in Premiere, but not in Premiere Pro.

bdcustoms
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by bdcustoms »

I use PS CS2 and Premiere Pro 1.5. The reason why I'm inquiring about the PS effects is I'm learning through class room in a book and in the tutorial it's requiring the zigzag photo shop effect for the clip. I can't use any of the photoshop plug-ins but they are in the adobe premiere plug-ins folder. Thats why I'm confused. The book is for premiere pro and I use premier pro. So I don't know whwt I'm doing or not doing wrong.
Thanks for your time