Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Postby HaraldHeim » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:52 am

DDR
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Re: Hypertyle

Postby DDR » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:57 pm

I found that HyperTyle Demo works only on 32-bit Photoshop. Is this true, or the commercially version works on the 64-bit one?

Painting-from-a-photo, as regularly made with DAP (Dynamic Autho Painter), is based on the introducing brushes. This way makes a photograph to be alike a real brush-painting. While concerning "photo-painting", we try to remain with the photograph but only introducing textured distorsions and something like this. In this way, HyperTyle would be useful instead of the many "home-made" manipulations with Photoshop tools.

If HyperTyle now is abandoned (the latest post on HyperTyle was placed on desk in already 2005), I guess it only works on 32-bit Photoshop. Isn't it?

Another idea how to keep HyperTyle alive for the closest time when the current 32/64-bit option to install Photoshop will be abandoned to only the 64-bit installation (no long time to wait, maybe just one year). I may suggest to produce a standalone HyperTyle so that it will still work for ever (we now can start even 16-bit applications on the modern machines).

On the other hand, if HyperTyle has so low sellings now as in 2005, this work is a waste of time, of course.

I only would like to hear the developer about the perspectives. Thank you.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Hypertyle

Postby HaraldHeim » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:50 am

There is still only a 32-bit version of HyperTyle available.

The main obstacle is its 32-bit dll that opens the image files. Once that code is modified for 64-bit, it will be a snap to release a 64-bit version of HyperTyle. This code will be updated anyway when creating 64-bit versions of the PhotoWiz standalones, so it is only a question of time until a 64-bit version of HyperTyle will become available.

Apart from the 64-bit support a non-skinned resizable UI is another goal of a future update. Doing a standalone would be much more work and not really worth it.

Return to “Other Products”