I'm looking for a filter....

Comments and discussions about 8bf plugins which can be use in various applications like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or Photo-Paint
kevin styx

I'm looking for a filter....

Post by kevin styx »

Can anyone help!! I'm looking for a photoshop filter that can work on images, giving the effect of motion, whilst the core of the image is still and unaffected. For example, a photo of a football player is cut out, and this image needs to be in motion on the outer edge, whilst the face and torso needs to be unaffected. Is their such a filter, or will I just have to make do with the motion filter and overlay another layer?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Andromeda Velociraptor and Alienskin EyeCandy4000 lets you do that. Of course you can try and see if the Motion Blur filter of Photoshop lets you produce the effect that you need.

JimK

Post by JimK »

Use a marquee tool to select the pixels you want to protect (not blur).

Invert the selection and feather the selection area.

Apply a Zoom motion blur to taste.

If it wasn't perfect, undo it, make your changes and re-apply the filter.

meddi

Re: I'm looking for a filter....

Post by meddi »

kevin styx wrote:Can anyone help!! I'm looking for a photoshop filter that can work on images, giving the effect of motion, whilst the core of the image is still and unaffected. For example, a photo of a football player is cut out, and this image needs to be in motion on the outer edge, whilst the face and torso needs to be unaffected. Is their such a filter, or will I just have to make do with the motion filter and overlay another layer?
eye candy 3 has a motion blur filter that can do the job.You can select the part of the image you want to keep and enter mask mode.That way you can apply the changes that you want.after you apply the changes,exit mask mode,and resume your work in a normal way. :D