Photoshop Cs6 & Filters Unlimited 2.0

Comments and discussions about plugins that can used in Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, CorelDraw and other applications
SPURSFAN
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Photoshop Cs6 & Filters Unlimited 2.0

Post by SPURSFAN »

I recently got FU2 and downloaded it accordingly; however when I go into my Plug-ins folder it is there, but it's not showing up in PS. I'm not sure what else to do as I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and I'm still getting the same issues.

Has anyone experienced this and if so did you figure out how to fix it? I'm a complete PS dummie as I just started getting goodies together to work in it. I'm having the same issue with Xenofex as well .. its there but PS is not recognizing it.

I would appreciate any advice , help or detailed workaround to fix it.

Thank you,

SPURSFAN

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: Photoshop Cs6 & Filters Unlimited 2.0

Post by HaraldHeim »

FU2 is a 32-bit plugins, so please use it with the 32-bit version of Photoshop. It is not displayed in the 64-bit version of Photoshop.

SPURSFAN
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by SPURSFAN »

Unfortunately I don't have 32 bit .. I've only got the option for the 64 bit

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The Photoshop CS6 installation for Windows installs both versions. The 64-bit one in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\ and the 32-bit version in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\.

So you should have both versions installed. Please install FU2 into the 32-bit plugin folder at c:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Plug-ins\ and also run Photoshop.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\

SPURSFAN
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by SPURSFAN »

Sorry for being computer illiterate.. so yes I do have that and yes it is installed in both.. but it still doesn't not recognize the program.. So I'm not sure what else there is I can do...Thank you for your explanations... guess I will just have to find some free plug-ins that are similar..

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

FU2 is quite outdated and the company web site is also down. Maybe it does not work with newer Windows versions anymore.

Have a look at Plugin Galaxy 3 as an alternative. See http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/plugingalaxy/

SPURSFAN
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by SPURSFAN »

I'm not sure .. my friend has it and she's running Windows 10 same as me..but when she installed it all of the filters in FU2 have the correct file extension 8BF ..well mine don't mine are all FFX and I dont' know why.. i've searched google till im blind and pulling my hair out..

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

FU2 imports 8bf files (Photoshop filter plugins) of the Filter Factory type. FFX files are the default files of FU2. When you import an 8bf file it is converted to FFX and FU2 reads these FFX files when it opens a filter.

But if I understand you correctly you do not find FU2 on the Filter menu of Photoshop, right? It should show up in the 32-bit version of Photoshop.

SPURSFAN
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by SPURSFAN »

Correct... when I open PS and I open a blank canvass .. and go to the Filter Menu.. and I go down to look for the ICNET folder (like my friend has) and it's not there... I just don't understand how my friend installed just the way I did and her's are all 8BF.. we compared everything on our computers to make sure we both had it in the right place since it worked for her.. she didn't have to import them.

SpursFan
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Maybe you are still running the 64-bit version of Photoshop instead of the 32-bit version...

SPURSFAN
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by SPURSFAN »

According to my friend we both have 32 and 64 and FU2 is installed in both...so I dunno I'm extremely frustrated. I will take snip its of how my system looks and maybe that will help.

I appreciate your guidance..

SPURSFAN

patara
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by patara »

FU2 works fine for me in CS6 32 bit. In the Filter list it shows up under <I.C.NET Software>. It is not under the letter I for me, but starts with < in the list. It shows in the PSP filter list in the same way on all my computers.
I'm on the latest Win 10 system.....Patricia

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

A friend of mine told me that he can only use FU2 in Photoshop CS2 and older. He said that it is not recognized in Photoshop CS3 and higher on his computer.

patara
Plugin Master
Plugin Master

Post by patara »

I just went and checked in CS6, 32 bit, Harald, and it definitely works fine for me. I have Filters Unlimited 2 and it is in my PSP Plugin folder. I get PS to look inside that folder for certain Plugins. I've had PS and FU on my system since Win 8 and they have been through every Windows upgrade since then to the present latest Win 10 and all still working well.