PhotoWiz plugins > ICC-profiles?

General discussions ColorWasher, FocalBlade, LightMachine, B/W Styler and ContrastMaster
Ando
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

PhotoWiz plugins > ICC-profiles?

Post by Ando »

Harald a question to all your PhotoWiz plugins > do they consider ICC-profiles when used in a color management workflow (calibrated/profiled monitor, corresponding settings in Photoshop)? Thx

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The color management stuff is always handled by the host application itself. So if you run a plugin in Photoshop, the color management stuff is done by Photoshop and not the plugin. Photoshop renders the plugin previews and automatically uses the appropriate profile. Plugins only work on the raw image data and not on the output as it is seen on screen.

So you don't need to worry about color management when using Photoshop plugins.

Ando
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Ando »

HaraldHeim wrote:Photoshop renders the plugin previews and automatically uses the appropriate profile.
Thanks that is the point. I asked because a consequent realization of color management seems not to be a matter of course even when using professional software like Photoshop: e.g. the previews rendered by Bridge do not show the same colors as the pictures themselves when opened in Photoshop. At least on my PC where I run a serious color management workflow. This is very surprising to me as I always thought that Adobe is leading in the color management theme. 8)

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I never used Bridge, because I dislike it, so I never had that problem so far :-). But if you are correct than it is a big negligence.

Ando
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Ando »

HaraldHeim wrote:I never used Bridge, because I dislike it, so I never had that problem so far :-). But if you are correct than it is a big negligence.
I checked this again and constated that now preview in Bridge and Photoshop show the same colors! Being more than happy with this I suspect that one of the last Bridge updates fixed this together with some other issues. :-)