Windows Vista Problem

General discussions ColorWasher, FocalBlade, LightMachine, B/W Styler and ContrastMaster
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The PhotoWiz plugins probably can't create the .ini files in their folder(s). You need to make sure that the folder(s) has the necessary access rights. To do that right click the folder, choose Properties and on the Security tab sheet activate "Read" and "Write".

If you installed them into your Photoshop plugins folder (e.g. with the Plugin Installer tool), you need to do it for the Photoshop plugins folder.

This problem will be fixed in the next update.

sgroarke
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by sgroarke »

I too had this problem - and can confirm that the fix you described worked for me.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The next update of the PhotoWiz plugins will fix this problem by automatically storing .ini files in the appdata path which is always accessible.

sgroarke
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by sgroarke »

One other positive thing in connection with this: I had previously installed the trial version of BW Styler, and then installed the full version. As well as the problem reported here, I also had, despite uninstalling the trial version, a persistent menu entry for it (and the full version) in my Photoshop Elements filter menu.

Upon changing the permissions as per here, this redundant entry has disappeared. Might be a coincidence, but I am guessing it is connected.

I'm happy, anyway. :-)

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

This problem will also be fixed in the next update by running Plugin Installer during uninstallation.