ACDSee Photo Editor

General discussions ColorWasher, FocalBlade, LightMachine, B/W Styler and ContrastMaster
salvo
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

ACDSee Photo Editor

Post by salvo »

According to the manual, Contrast Master can be used with ACDsee Photo Editor v3 and up. I have v4, but see no place in the menu for such a plugin hook. How do you integrate Contrast Master with ACDSee Photo Editor?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

In ACD Photo Editor go to View > Options > Plug-ins. Click on the Add Path button and select the folder where ContrastMaster is installed. After pressing OK, ContrastMaster will appear on the Photoshop-Plug-ins sub menu of the Filter menu.

I am using the German version of ACD Photo Editor and translated the above menu names. So I am not sure if they are really named that way, but at least they should be named similar.

salvo
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by salvo »

My View menu does not provide an Options selection. Instead, I have an Edit > Preferences selection that does not bring up a choice for plugin references. I suspect that my version, ACDSee Photo Editor v4.0, is not the same product as ACD Photo Editor, mentioned in your documentation. ACD Systems does not mention an ACD Photo Editor.

This is not a major issue for me because I can utilize your plugins via Adobe PhotoShop and Corel PhotoPaint. I just thought I would explore the possibility of adding ACDSee Photo Editor to the mix.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Right, there seems to be a difference between ACD Photo Editor and ACDSee Photo Editor. I just downloaded and installed a trial version of ACDSee Photo Editor 4. It seems to have many more features but lacks Photoshop plugin support. Sorry.

The ACD Photo Editor 3.1 that I have was included with ACDSee 7 PowerPack. It is a pity that they did not include this feature in ACDSee Photo Editor 4.