PhotoFreebies 64bit Version & PS CS4

General discussions ColorWasher, FocalBlade, LightMachine, B/W Styler and ContrastMaster
elusive
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by elusive »

Hello,

I am running Windows Vista 64-bit version and my Photoshop CS4 is the 64-bit version. I downloaded the 64-bit version of PhotoFreebies but it will not show up in my PS CS4 list of Plug-Ins. I have the 32 bit version in my PSP X2 and in my PS CS3 and it works fine in both of those programs. If anyone can help me I would greratly appreciate it. :-?

Thank you,
Elusive

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Where are the 64bit PhotoFreebies installed? They should be under C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\.

If they are not there, please copy them to that folder manually.

elusive
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by elusive »

Hello Harold,

Thank you for your help. The PhotoFreebies are installed under C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins, and instead of showing up in a PhotoWiz folder like they do in my PSP X2 and PS CS3, they show up in a folder labled PhotoFreebies. But they do not show up in my list of Plug-Ins in my PS CS4.

Thank you again for your help!

Kind regards,
Elusive

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Well, then they should show up. The only explanation that comes to my mind is that you installed the 32bit versions of PhotoFreebies to the plugin folder of the 64bit version of Photoshop CS4.

elusive
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by elusive »

Thank you very much for trying to help me with this situation Harold. I made sure to download the 64-bit version. I even downloaded it again and uninstalled the first one and then installed the new 64-bit version but ended up with the same results. Thanks again for trying to help. This sure has me confused but stranger things have happened. :wink:

FotoRealms
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Photoshop CS4

Post by FotoRealms »

I'm sorry but....I refuse to use Photoshop CS4. The design is that of Mac and it's boring and dull. I tried it and could not tolerate it .So..if your going to have Photofreebies, continue to make them for CS3 as well. Photoshop CS4 has had MANY complaints just over the design alone. I'm keeping with CS3..PERIOD

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

PhotoFreebies works in all versions of Photoshop since 1995. The Photoshop interface has always been more Mac-like than Windows-like since 1990. So I do not quite understand why someone would complain now.

FotoRealms
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Photoshop CS4

Post by FotoRealms »

Actually..there you are wrong. CS4 is grey, dull and boring. At least with CS3 and prior, whatever your Windows theme color was, so was Photoshop. I'm not talking layout, I'm talking color scheme wise.