Demo install difficulty

General discussions ColorWasher, FocalBlade, LightMachine, B/W Styler and ContrastMaster
KathChi
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Demo install difficulty

Post by KathChi »

Mac, OS 10.5.6 Leopard
3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Photoshop CS3

So,

After carefully downloading the Intel version for CS3 Plug-ins, and trying every variation I can think of during the install process, the Colorwash and other photowizard plugins still won't show up in the filter menu.

I've tried:
Installing into the Plug-ins folder inside the Photoshop Application folder.
The Filter folder insided the plug-ins folder.
The Plug-ins folder of Adobe in the Application support of the Library Folder.

I have tried naming them during the install process, and have trashed each group before re-installing.

The free plugins from Photowizard installed successfully.

The demo plugins also do not show up in PhotoShop's "about Plug-ins" list when I look.

Argh, what am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any help

Kath
Mac OS 10.5.6 (leopard)
2 GB 800 MHZ DDR2 SDRAM

ADOBE Design CS3
LightRoom2

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sorry to hear about your problem.

You should choose the Plug-ins folder inside the Photoshop folder during installation. Please check that folder and see if the plugins really made it there.

As only the PhotoFreebies appear on the Filter menu and as they need to be manually placed in the mentioned folder, I can only conclude that the other plugins have not made it to the right place.

You also correctly installed the Intel versions on your Intel-Mac the plugins. The only thing that could still make the plugins from appearing is that you activated the Rosetta check box. To check that select the Photoshop icon in the Photoshop folder and select File > Get Info.

KathChi
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by KathChi »

Thank You
Thank You

Yes, I was running CS3 is Rosetta. Can't remember now what Plug-in had me shift to Rosetta. I had completely forgotten. Colorwash and FocalBlade as demo's are up and running. I'll be back to the site tomorrow to purchase them.

Kath
Mac OS 10.5.6 (leopard)
2 GB 800 MHZ DDR2 SDRAM

ADOBE Design CS3
LightRoom2

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

IF you occasionally use Photoshop in Rosetta, you should also install the PowerPC versions of the PhotoWiz plugins. That way you can use them in both modes.