ColorWasher versus LightMachine

General discussions ColorWasher, FocalBlade, LightMachine, B/W Styler and ContrastMaster
pszilard
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

ColorWasher versus LightMachine

Post by pszilard »

I am a long time user of CW and just bought LM today.

However I would like to see a comparison of the two, and I am sure that such a comparison would be helpful to new purchasers too.

(I also use FocalBlade and B/W Styler. Thanks for your great products!)
-paul, Down Under
Blog | Photos | Email me

pszilard
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by pszilard »

Ok, ok. So I've started reading the manual. I thought I'll quote from page 11, for those that hadn't seen this:
Although our ColorWasher and LightMachine plugins can both adjust color and brightness in images, they do so in a very different way and produce very different results. Both tools achieve great results in their own respect. The plugins were created for quite different image processing tasks and complement one another nicely. For some images you will only need ColorWasher, for some you will only need LightMachine and for others you will need both. FocalBlade provides the final essential correction tool as it enables you to enhance the clarity of detail, or sharpness, of your photos.

You should use ColorWasher for correcting photos which are completely under or overexposed, as well as those with overall color cast problems. It lets you correct such images automatically and very quickly. LightMachine, on the other hand, is needed to make refined adjustments to the specific problem areas in partially under or overexposed photos, and/or to make sophisticated brightness and contrast corrections.
-paul, Down Under
Blog | Photos | Email me