FocalBlade 10c not launching from Lightroom Edit In

General discussions ColorWasher, FocalBlade, LightMachine, B/W Styler and ContrastMaster
DavePSB
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

FocalBlade 10c not launching from Lightroom Edit In

Post by DavePSB »

I have installed the recent FocalBlade 10c update. I am running Lightroom CC Classic and Photoshop CC 2018 on Win7 64.

The installation seems to go OK. From Photoshop, all is fine. Filter/The PlugIn Site/FocalBlade 2.10.. and the plugin starts in Photoshop no problem.

Also, FocalBlade standalone is working fine (outside of Lightroom).

However, in Lightroom, when I right click a photo and select Edit In, and then choose FocalBladeLR.exe..., the dialog box box comes up normally asking if I want to edit a copy, edit original, tif, bit depth etc. I normally have this set to Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments. When I select that and click OK, Lightroom does indeed create a tif copy, and the copy appears in my filmstrip, but nothing else happens. Usually, FocalBlade would start up. But nothing. Nothing is locked up, its just that Lightroom seems not to have tried to launch FocalBlade.

The same happens if I select Edit Original rather than Edit a copy (except a copy is not made).

And the same happens if I select Edit In, FocalBlade 2.10, which also appears in the Edit In menu.

For info, I have unchecked the Lightroom option to save presets with catalog as recommended in the FocalBlade manual.

FocalBlade in Lightroom used to work fine. It actually became disabled a few months ago, and I'm not sure why, but it might have something do with my trying out a PhotoWiz demo or something whenever that was offered. I was hoping installing this 10c version would fix it, but alas.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: FocalBlade 10c not launching from Lightroom Edit In

Post by HaraldHeim »

In Lightroom go to Edit > Preferences > External Editing. Under Presets please select FocalBlade, then click on the Choose button and select FocalBladeLR.exe in the FocalBlade installation folder under C:\Program Files\The Plugin Site\

This will make sure that Lightroom is able to run FocalBlade.

DavePSB
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by DavePSB »

Thanks Harald. I think the problem is in the supplied FocalBlade.lrtemplate file.

I found that this file references the file FocalBlade2LR.exe, which doesn't exist. Note the "2" in front of the LR. This might have been mistakenly carried over from your naming convention for other files like FocalBlade2.8bf and FocalBlade2_64bit.8bf.

I have only FocalBladeLR.exe, and if I edit FocalBlade.lrtemplate and delete that "2", then it all seems to work.

Can you confirm this? And please confirm FocalBladeLR.exe is the correct filename for the latest version. Or how can I confirm that the my .exe is indeed the latest version (10c)?

Thanks!
Dave

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Right, sorry for the problem. I just uploaded an updated FocalBlade installation file that does not have this problem anymore.

The PhotoWiz trial and full installtions did not have this problem.