Focal Blade hogs hard drive space

FocalBlade specific discussions
Lanny Ziering

Focal Blade hogs hard drive space

Post by Lanny Ziering »

I just finished installing FocalBlade 1.02b and found that it takes up 801 megs on my hard drive--four times as much space as Photoshop CS. I am not totally surprised at this as Focal Blade 1.01 and 1.02 used 511 megs of my hard drive.

Why does this plug-in use so much space? Is there any way to get it to use less?

(I am running Photoshop CS on a Sony Vaio PCV-RX780G under Win XP with 1.5g ram and two hard drives, one with 120g and the other with 180g. I determined the amount of hard disk space used by launching Control Panels > Add/Remove Programs.)

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

FocalBlade only needs 3 to 4 MB of hard drive space. Something else must be using up the hard drive space. Have a look at the file sizes of the files in the FocalBlade folder. Anything in there that is several hundred MBs large?

How did you get the 801 MB value? Where did you read it? Maybe you misunderstood something.

Lanny Ziering

FocalBlade file size

Post by Lanny Ziering »

As I said in the original post, I determined the file size by going to Control Panels>Add/Remove Programs. The size of each program file is listed there. You can sort by size if you wish. The exact file size of FocalBlade is shown as 804.00 MB and it is the laregst prrogram installed on the computer. Adobe Photoshop CS is shown as being 196.00 MB.

When I look in the Adobe Photoshop CS folder and then inside the Plug-ins folder there is a FocalBlade 102b file listed. The "Type of File" for his is shown as an "8BF file" with the size shown as 536KB.

Pretty confusing.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I guess Windows has put a wrong value in Add/Remove Programs. On my computer it shows the correct value of just a few MBs.

Post by Guest »

Are you saving your sharpened photos into FocalBlade's directory? If so, windows might be including those files while determining FocalBlade's disk usage.

- João Pinheiro