PrePurchase questions regarding Plugin Galaxy

Comments and discussions about Plugin Galaxy
Jeff G

PrePurchase questions regarding Plugin Galaxy

Post by Jeff G »

Harald:

I have downloaded the demo for Galaxy and Hypertyle. I have a few questions and comments- Thanks!

I wanted to know if both products will work with selections. The preview area does NOT seem to recognize areas preselected. Your filters have great effects but sometimes I need to keep those effects in certain places.

With Galaxy at first I too thought that the OK button was missing, but after reading the other threads it was all explained (more than once). However, IMHO HyperTyle has a better interface with the OK button that gives you a 'DEMO' message and a tutorial mode. Also, if you do hit enter while using Galaxy you get a blank screen which could lead one to believe that the filter doesn't work. Just a suggestion.

How do I get upgrades/updates to your software after I buy? How much do you charge( on average) for updates/upgrades? What happens when you make major changes, like a major new release?

I found out about your site because I have enrolled at LVS Online for a Photoshop class. They have a quite a few Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro classes. I hope you are getting business from them. Do you provide any kind of student discount?

Finally (sorry about being so long-winded) I would like to suggest that you make the preview area larger in Galaxy. Some effects, like the edge effect are difficult to make out in preview window while in demo mode and even after I buy your products I would like to be as precise as I need to be before clicking OK. I am running 2 monitors, both at 1280x1024 just in case you were wondering. Maybe even a check box for small/large preview area in case somebody doesn't need it or it causes a performance hit.

Thanks for listening - Jeff G (jeff AT customsolutions2000.com)

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I wanted to know if both products will work with selections. The preview area does NOT seem to recognize areas preselected.
Yes, all of our plugins work with selection. In fact all Photoshop filter plugins do that, so you generally don't have to worry about that.
Also, if you do hit enter while using Galaxy you get a blank screen which could lead one to believe that the filter doesn't work. Just a suggestion.
That's a demo protection, too, otherwise it would be possible to apply the effect with the Enter key.
How do I get upgrades/updates to your software after I buy? How much do you charge( on average) for updates/upgrades? What happens when you make major changes, like a major new release?
You will be informed by email when a new version of software is released. Updates are free, while upgrades (Version 2.0, 3.0 and so on) may need an upgrade fee. If you purchased a software e.g. 6 months before the new upgrade is released, you will get the upgrade for free.
I found out about your site because I have enrolled at LVS Online for a Photoshop class. They have a quite a few Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro classes. I hope you are getting business from them. Do you provide any kind of student discount?
If you take part in an LVS class, you can get a student license of our products, which is usually 40% off. Just contact me privately for that.
Finally (sorry about being so long-winded) I would like to suggest that you make the preview area larger in Galaxy. Some effects, like the edge effect are difficult to make out in preview window while in demo mode...

I am aware of the problem. The next version of Plugin Galaxy will include a resizable dialog and preview just like ColorWasher and FocalBlade currently have.