getting rid of Plugin GALAXY 1.5 Demo

Comments and discussions about Plugin Galaxy
Gerald Byrne
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

getting rid of Plugin GALAXY 1.5 Demo

Post by Gerald Byrne »

Having purchased Galxy 2 .I removed the 1.5 demo ones from filters folder before installing 2.Galaxy 2 installed correctly and works as per manual but the 1.5 8bf filters remain on my photoshop filters menu and operate as per demo mode. Have tried deleting via control panel/addor remove but get a message that not possible because program can no longer be found. Having these now superfluous entries on the menu is no great problem but I would rather be rid of them if this is possible without risking getting into a bigger mess
G.H.Byrne

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Please manually remove the 21 .8bf files of Plugin Galaxy from your Photoshop plugins folder.

Gerald Byrne
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Gerald Byrne »

I have already done that . None of the 21 original Galaxy plugins appear in either photoshop CS2 plugins/filters file or my old Elements 4 plugins file yet incredibly they continue to appear on the menu and their dialog boxes come up and display what the filter would do if a full version.
G.H.Byrne

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Please look at the addiitonal plugin path that is defined in the Photoshop preferences. Maybe the plugins are located in this path. There may also be .lnk files in your plugin folder that point to another folder.

Anyway, please search the whole harddrive for the 21 Plugin Galaxy plugins. There must be located somewhere.

Gerald Byrne
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Gerald Byrne »

Would you believe they were operating from the recycle bin. Their removal from there stopped their operation and re-installation in Element 4 (their original location) allowed removal of both plugins and registry entry via Control Panel/add-remove, but nothing removes the Filter menu entries.
G.H.Byrne