ActionsXXL with PSE 13 64 bit

Discussions about ElementsXXL, LayersXXL and ActionsXXL
Seppelfricke
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

ActionsXXL with PSE 13 64 bit

Post by Seppelfricke »

It's really exasperting but ActionsXXL does not seem to work properly with PSE 13 64 bit. The recording of actions is incomplete, specifically adjustment layers and activities done on and with these (e.g. opacity, saturation, etc.) are not recorded. Any ideas how to resolve that problem ?

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: ActionsXXL with PSE 13 64 bit

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sometimes Photoshop Elements does not notify ActionsXXL when changing adjustment layer settings. That is why ActionsXXL offers a "Insert > Adjustment Layer" menu item on its panel menu. So after you did all the editing of the adjustment layer settings, please use this command to record the adjustment layer with all of its settings. If the creation of the adjustment layer (without settings) was already recorded, please delete that step to avoid that it is created twice.

Seppelfricke
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by Seppelfricke »

Thanks, Harald, for you advice. Unfortunately, it does not resolve the problem, I still have problems with the opacity (any value other than 100 % is not recorded); additionally, some types of adjustment layers always lead to an error ("command prepare adjustment layer is temporarily not available") when trying to play the recording :(

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Right, the opacity and blend mode of the adjustment layer are not recorded. Sorry. It will be fixed in the next update of ActionsXXL. In the meantime please record them separately.

I never saw the "command prepare adjustment layer is temporarily not available" error message.
What type of adjustment layers are these? Do you see a pattern? Alternatively can you send me a PSD with such an adjustment layer? I sent you an email, so that you can send it to me via email.