ElementsXXL and Elements 15?

Discussions about ElementsXXL, LayersXXL and ActionsXXL
HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: ElementsXXL and Elements 15?

Post by HaraldHeim »

ElementsXXL 4 with support for Photoshop Elements 15 will be released within a few days. I still need to fix some problems that Photoshop Elements 15 is producing.

shaun.hall33
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by shaun.hall33 »

Hi Harold, I hope you manage to get it all working, i heard some hidden features have been removed in 15 (pen tool, ruler, splice, mixer brush). I guessed the new filter menu system would take some tweaking as well. I look forward to xxl 4
. Regards Shaun

shaun.hall33
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by shaun.hall33 »

Hi Harold, looking forward to your new elements xxl. I assume some of bugs are to do with Adobe removing secret splice, pen, ruler and mixer brush tools from 15. I thought the new filters menu might cause some complications for you as well. Hope you get everything working.
Kind regards
Shaun

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

The pen tool is still there in PSE 15, but unfortunately it is not possible anymore to activate the slice, ruler and mixer brush tools (unless I find another way which I do not believe at the moment). ElementsXXL 4 offers some new menu items to compensate for the missing slice tools in PSE 15, so it is still possible to create slices, but less convenient.

However, the slice and ruler tools will be reimplemented in a future update, but the mixer brush will still be missing in future. So people who cannot live without the mixer brush tool should keep PSE 11, 12, 13 or 14 installed on their computer.