Is the problem known, or only with me?

https://www.hidrive.strato.com/lnk/cXCY2nBA max. 50 Downloads :(

Grüße Klaus

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: ElementsXXL -Select color range

Post by HaraldHeim »

Thanks for letting me know about the crash problem with the Color Range + eyedropper. I was able to reproduce the crash in PSE 15. But then I tried in PSE 14 and got no crash. Then I tried again in PSE 15 two times and also got no crash. So the crash seems to occur infrequently.

Which version of PSE do you use, Klaus?

The Color Range dialog of ElementsXXL in PSE 13 to 15 is a hidden feature of PSE, so it is developed by Adobe and they introduced the bug. ElementsXXL could deactivate the eyedroppers, but then the Color Range feature would be more or less useless. What I will do in the next update is to add a Color Range check box to the ElementsXXL Preference under Classic to activate ElementsXXL's own Color Range dialog, which has less features but does not crash.

In ElementsXXL 5 in October I can then improve ElementsXXL's own Color Range dialog and make it the default. But maybe I will already make it the default with the next update. We will see...

NickelIII
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by NickelIII »

Use PSE 14.
Yes, the problem does not always occur. If you hold the mouse and go over the colors. The problem occurs more often than if you just individually a few colors.

NickelIII
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by NickelIII »

Hallo ich wollte nur fragen ob das jetzt mit dem Neuen XXL und PSE 14 funktioniert ?

Mein ziel ist eigentlich vom Photoshop 7 !! :-) langsam weg zu kommen und das mit PSE 14 und XXL zu machen. aber wenn das programm beim aus auswählen der Farbe abstürtzt nervt das natürlich

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Ich wollte zuerst den eigenen Color Range Dialog in ElementsXXL 5 erweitern und diesen standardmässig verwenden, aber in der Kundenumfrage zu ElementsXXL 5, schien sich kaum jemand um den Bug zu scherren, daher hab ich es vorerst gelassen.

Eine Option, um den eigenen Color Range Dialog von ElementsXXL einzuschalten, gibt es in ElementsXXL noch nicht, aber ich hab es nun ganz oben auf die To-Do-Liste gesetzt.

Also vorerst am besten das Dokument speichern, bevor man Color Range bzw. den Farbbereich Dialog auswählt. Das Problem tritt zwar nur selten auf, aber sicher ist sicher. Am besten mal selber mit der Testversion ausprobieren.