ActionS XXL problem

Discussions about ElementsXXL, LayersXXL and ActionsXXL
Zeb Serban
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

ActionS XXL problem

Post by Zeb Serban »

I have a problem with the latest Action XXL. When we start the action to a large number of photos, in my case more than 600, the program freezes. Checking the preview in Tasks Manager turns out that Actions XXL cumulates every processed frame because the RAM occupancy was 12 GB. Of course, when the amount of RAM dangerously close to the total RAM in the computer, the PSE + Actions XXL program freezes. I would ask for a repair.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Re: ActionS XXL problem

Post by HaraldHeim »

I will check it out and let you know.

Are you sure that ActionsXXL allocated 12 GB of RAM or was it Photoshop Elements? When batch processing such a large amount of images you have to make sure that the images are closed after processing. To do that you have to keep the "Do Not Close Open Images" check box deactivated on the Source tab sheet and do not choose "None" on the Target tab sheet. Both options keep processed images in Photoshop Elements and do not close them, which means that Photoshop Elements keeps eating RAM and everything gets quite slow after some time.

Zeb Serban
Plugin Power User
Plugin Power User

Post by Zeb Serban »

Hello.
Of course I am sure that the options for saving processed images are not selected. It looks like that after each processed photo something stays in the memory and sums up. It seems to me that on earlier versions of ActionsXXL I did not have these problems.
One more problem that has existed since the beginning of using ActionsXXL. At the time when we start processing, we can not do anything else with the mouse, eg switch to another program: youtube, mail, www, abandon processing or exit PS Elements. Can anything be done with this? Sometimes I would like to read a website during processing.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

I made some tests. The RAM consumed by Photoshop Elements during the ActionsXXL batch processing stayed the same and did not increase. I was also able to switch to other applications and do other things during batch processing. ActionsXXL did not block the whole system here.

Can you please save your ActionsXXL batch settings to a file with the Save button and send me this .bsp file. Maybe I can reproduce the problem with your batch settings.

Also let me know what version of Photoshop Elements and Windows you are using.