installation help

Comments and discussions about Harry's Filters
wonder
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

installation help

Post by wonder »

I am brand new to filters, someone reccomended it I am still new to psp don't have any add ons I was givin' the link to http://hem.passagen.se/grafoman/plugtool/plugs.html thought I would do this right and load the plugin commander... first I installed the two dll in my computer drive c system folder and unzipped... then I send email for the download center... no where and I am tired of searching and reading where to download the zip folder... I might add I feel bad have terrible toothache. Not to mention I have already cried my eyes out lost my psp files in my doc. cant tell you how that happened is that a known bug ? I restore computer back a few days and still have the harry filters that I dl earlier this morning. I saved the filters to the corel folder, commander folder I downloaded it again to just programs that looked like the default I see the subfolder there but not in the other areas... I am soooo lost.

I loaded the plugin copy of commander but it didnt work, got that error so I dl the galaxy one in my coral folder is that right am I suppose to create a new folder for this to go in ... as I have deleted them both now trying to locate my psp files in my doc. when i tried to open psp it tells me that file no longer exist so I inserted the psp cd and clicked repair rather then uninstall and reinstall...

I am afraid that I will loose everything if I uninstall . as I am not good with computers but am learning over time. will the psp project I created also be removed if I uninstall ?

what is the correct order of loading the commander and harry filters ... I need to know where to save them too please ?

I read in here that the dll go in the corel folder is the link above wrong to tell me to install them in my system files?

so in short :

commander - in the ___ folder ?
dll in the _
harry filters ___ ?
where did my psp files go ?
will I lose my already create psp project if I uninstall ?

p.s. I was told to create a plugin folder in my doc (psp files) I read in the forum that in psp pref. when loading the harry filters in psp pref to look in effects ? after i submitt this i will go back and read while I wait for a reply. Thanks

wonder
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by wonder »

wonderring if when I psp pref load harrys filter / presets the extension is hfp the harry filters3. 8bf has the icon of an ey on it is that what I am to click cause.. I get this file isnt a filter factory plugin ... i bet i can find a post about this.. the oppostie of what i read it seems you want it to be FF or this where the convert comes in

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Please install Plugin Commanders under C:\Program Files\. You can install Harry's Filters anywhere you like as long as you enter the path in PSP under File > Preferences > File Locations > Plugins.

You should know that anything that you uninstall will vanish from the computer. That's how it is suppossed to be. So uninstall is just another word for delete, remove or erase.

It is a good idea to make a backup of your psp image files if you want to keep them.

wonder
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by wonder »

I didnt delete anything I have no clue where the doc folder went it wasnt in recycle bin and not showing up in search - i loaded the dll files first and then I did the commander... the link i used to dl the dll's said drive c / system but it turned out to only work in system32

its ok my psp is not that old most of it was pumpkins and bats the tiles and mask I had I can replace. Nice clean start ... I did try inserting the cd and repairing but it only loaded an empty my psp files in my docs.

went to open psp and went to preference I saw the commander open but didnt quite understand which of the filters I was to open there .. so started researching how to operate this program. So I could of opened the wrong file maybe looking for the plugins. Cause after reboot psp wouldnt open, told me the psp files were missing. tried duplicating them but they still didnt show in my doc... or in my computer search

I did end up having to uninstall the psp and reinstall to recover the MY psp files altho the are the program files only yes I will back up too bad i cant see the future... as I learned that system restore does not remove all. and another thing is when I go to the grafo site now the one pop up that is there now does not open its a white ad, and its trying to open I hear an horrible clicking noise.

thanks for getting back to me so quickly

I have the filters working now I need to load the commander again.

one last question : should I create a folder for when I unzip the commander just so I dont have files all over so I can know what goes with what program. Would of saved me lots of pain if it was just noted on the download page or even the pdf file where to extract too.

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

You don't need to extract anything. Just double click the downloaded PiCo160Light.exe file and use e.g. C:\Program Files\PicoLight\as the installation folder. That's all.

wonder
Plugin Novice
Plugin Novice

Post by wonder »

I cant seem to follow your directions ... :( its not as simple as you make it sound.
i click the download center plugin commander light
click the link graophicsgalaxy.com 2.88 MB(1.60)
i save or run ? so i pick save
now its asking run or open folder
then agree to the rules then it ask to install
now wants to know where so i pick C or C/programs ? well it defaults to C and when i click the browse program files is highlighted so I cancel that screen and click ok to save in C then the files run ... and I reboot

and when i look I see
start / my computer/ c folder for the plugin commander ( 15 items in that yellow folder)
click program and see the application also listed there (1 item)
click start/programs (3 items there) which one is the manuel

an opening commnader for the first time ... well none of this makes sense, and I am not going to be hitting the delete key several times so i click the folder until i get to my corel plugin folder ? then what ?

I click on the Harryfilters3 one with the eyeball on it and it tells me that the file is not a filter factory plugin

do i click preset are these hfp extensions ?

click plugin view and says no plugs were found there so guess not

that is as far as i got and still no where

HaraldHeim
Plugin Guru
Plugin Guru

Post by HaraldHeim »

Sounds like you managed to make Plugin Commander Light work.

You can't run Harry's Filters 3 in Plugin Commander Light. You need to run it from PSP. To make Harry's Filters 3 appear in PSP, you need to go to File > Preferences > File Locations > Plugins and choose the folder where you installed Harry's Filters. After that Harry's Filters will appear on the Effects > Plugins menu.